lights for aurion

Styles

I would avoid any form of headlight style lighting that uses CCFL. These are very easy to break/burn out especially on a car where it experiences heat and vibration. Having one blow would mean opening the headlight all over again to change them.

If you were to get any form of style lighting for your headlights, I would highly recommend LED.

i'd like to add that quality ccfls can easily outlast the car. its the inverters that power the ccfls that fail but that can be replaced because they should be located outside the headlight.

In ideal situations, CCFL's can last quite a while, but as mentioned, it's the heat and vibration that the headlight receives that can shorten this life. Yes the inverters can fail, but the tube is also just as susceptible to failure. After all, it's basically a miniature fluorescent light.

Many car audio headunits with screens use a CCFL tubing to backlight their screens - designed for car use including vibration and heat they don't normally fail despite constant use. So as said, properly designed tubes and inverters should be up to the task.

Despite this though, CCFL tubes do have a very limited lifespan compared to LEDs, and are also not as efficient.

Many car audio headunits with screens use a CCFL tubing to backlight their screens - designed for car use including vibration and heat they don't normally fail despite constant use. So as said, properly designed tubes and inverters should be up to the task.

Despite this though, CCFL tubes do have a very limited lifespan compared to LEDs, and are also not as efficient.

+1

i think leds are more prone to failure in headlight conditions. unless you use heatsinks or turn them off when low/high beams are on. im going to try leds in my next headlights

+1

i think leds are more prone to failure in headlight conditions. unless you use heatsinks or turn them off when low/high beams are on. im going to try leds in my next headlights

Well the use of the right LED's won't require the use of heatsinks and would outlast the life of the car as well.

I guess this argument is two-way. Both can have a long or short life depending on quality.

My main concern with the CCFL is due to the fact they are a tube formed into a circular shape. Because of the way such lights work, having them in a straight tube with external support like in LCD's etc is a more durable design.

• 6 months later...

Hahah.. I found this web once, and it looksed pretty easy.

The thing that set me back, was the answer to how long it would last b4 any condensation / foggy occurred if it wasn't closed properly.

I seen these on a hiace couple of days ago. They look so tacky. They scream eBay. :ph34r:

it is it is ebay lol

Thats my point :lol:

Go steal some from an Audi and that'll look hot :D

http://www.al-lighting.de/neu/products_technology/headlamps/drl/gross/Audi_A4_DRL.gif

Edited by unique