Aurion Transmission Problem

phuey

G'day everyone, this is my first post here :) ;

I would like to ask if anyone has had a problem with the transmission shifting into gear.

It was New Years Eve at 11pm, I parked the Aurion in a public carpark at the Exhibition Centre.

At about 2am I went back to the carpark and started the car. The engine warning lamp came on (yellow, orangy one).

The engine ran as usual, but when I released the footbrake and shifted into P, N, R, D or S, the gearshift indicator on the dashboard remained in P.

I could not move the car. I tried disconnecting the battery, thinking it might reset the Aurion's computer, but that did not work. The engine warning light still remained on and I still could not shift into D :( .

I cabbed it home and on the January 2nd I called Melbourne City Toyota who were not very helpful :angry:, so I contacted the fleet company who sent a tow truck to take it back to the servicing department.

I went down to Toyota-Company Fleet and was able to get a loan car (a brand new Corolla Ascent). I asked the rep whether he has seen anything like this and he said it was the "first one".

I pick the car up next week repaired (hopefully).

The worst thing is the car was delivered to me in July 2009, it has only done 7500kms. Toyota-Company Fleet dealt with everything quickly as the car belonged to them, imagine if I had purchased the car from a dealer myself, I would be in so much grief.

Does anyone have any idea what was wrong because I have never seen this before. It is a Prodigy with the Optitron Instruments.

Thanks in advance :D .

Edited by phuey

About the closest problem I have heard on these forums would be the one Danos encountered. His was similar in a way but different:

Transmisison Problem

Just to share an experience I had this morning which eventuated in my car now in the possesion of Toyota to repair (thankfully under warranty).

Have had no problems with the car/transmission to date which had done just over 45,000kms. Today driving down a freeway I slowed to a stop from 110km/h due to traffic. When I attempted to start again there was a clunk and the engine just reved as though in neutral. I tried shifting to 'P' and back to 'D' - no luck. Tried 'R' . . nothing.

This went with no warning and there was no hard driving at all - I'll keep you posted to the eventual outcome, but I'm a little pi$$ed at Toyota as they offer no courtesy car or anything and simply said "We'll let you know how things go, it should take about a week" . . . which I took as "we don't know what the f is wrong and in about a weeks time it will be christmas so don't expect us to do anything before the new year"