09 ZRE sway bar combo

Heya Dwee.

C-One is 25mm as is the TRD one.

Are you saying that if a company offers a product it has to be beneficial to the handling?

YES, i do think that if TRD offer this part, it will improve handling. Why the hell else would they offer it? To induce understeer? That doesnt make any sense. It was also recommended to purchase the rest of the TRD sportivo sus kit when purchasing the front sway. See TRD page here

Who's to say that the standard ZRE front sway is only just firm enough to do the job? To me its seems far too soft.

I opted for the C-One front sway because the price i was quoted for the TRD 25mm is the same as the combined price for the C-One 25mm front and Cusco rear 16mm (well, bloody close to it)

Also, how do we know both companies use the exact same material? we dont in short. Thats why we have to experiment. Different materials Vs diameter puts another spin on the whole thing.

Yep John, I miss my Velo too, I was going to get the seats trimmed in leather, i might have my drivers seat customized a little while im at it :) Nothing compared to a "proper" seat tho!

Edited by dutchie101

I just got confirmation from Eibach that the pro-kit only lowers the car 30mm lower than standard height. Will I still have a higher bum? Maybe try the Lovells? from what John is saying, handling on the ZRE is better with a higher bum...

Somewhere a Sportivo owner on here mentioned the car was better with factory stance but lower, wasnt happy with superlows just on the rear, something about weight distribution i think.Maybe Toyota have higher rears for that reason..

Dwee: I did reset the rears and have 20mm difference between front and rear but now want 10mm diff,dont want the rear lower than the front. I like the factory stance,also the first time i looked at Lovells here in Syd the guy told me they are 40mm front and 48mm rear,should've just done it then but he was too expensive..

Pete i think the C-one front sway is 20mm also and a pain to install i think.

are u blokes gonna be putting ur car on a race track??? wots the sway bars gonna do for u on the streets?? i was just wondering...

Don't you guys have any decent mountains around there? That's where I see such modifications showing their abilities. That said, even driving it on the street feels more stable. You tend to take corners quicker as a result though... and roundabouts become more fun.

Who needs a track when you got roads like this* :P. This is a casual drive BTW:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

* I do not advise using public roads as a substitute for the track.

hahaha i remember that cruise :) that was run minus my **** tyres i had on the day :P

Nah the C-One is as follows from their site:

ZRE152・154H、NZE151・154H

●25φ(純正23φ)  ●ブッシュ付

From what the translator says 25mm(genuine 23mm) with bush.

I just did some quick calculations re sway bar comparison, and the 2mm difference increases stiffness by 1.3958 times, so about 1.4 times as stiff.

Edited by dutchie101

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, after your advices I made some research and here's what I found:

TRD

Nothing(?) :huh:

Cusco

SWAY BAR: Toyota - ZRE152 Corolla Rear 16mm

nengun-1676-02-cusco-sway_bar.jpg

Nothing else...(?)

C-One

Performance Bar

FB5140-ZE150

perforbar_auris_f.jpg

FB5140-ZE151

perforbar_auris_f.jpg

FB5130-ZE150

perforbar_auris_ctr.jpg

FB5229-ZE150

perforbar_auris_r.jpg

Sports Tower Bar Type:R

FT5360-ZE150

towerbar_auris_f.jpg

Sports Stabilizer Bar

CS4881-ZE150

nengun-1151-02-c-one-sports_stabilizer_bar_celica_st205.jpg

I would like to know what are those Performance Bars used for and which of these should I get to not affect my under/oversteer, but just to improve stability?

Also, if you know some bars from TRD, could you please send me a link? If you think bars from TRD would be better than C-One and Cusco, please suggest!

Best regards, Alex

Just had my C-One front sway and front strut brace, Cusco rear sway and Eibachs installed yesterday. Il do a write up with pics tonight or this arvo :)

TRD linky

Ah the stabilizer bar was under the suspension set... That's why I did not find it hehe, thanks for help! Xpyyy from Russia had bar from TRD but he had problems installing it. I believe it had something to do with RHD and LHD compatibility, I will have to ask him about that to be sure.

Best regards, Alex