Rear garnish, chrome bits, removing door strip

tekkyy

Does anyone know where to buy the rear chrome garnish? The ones fitted on Prodigy and Presara.

I can only see chrome door handle (exterior) on ebay. Would be interested in interior chrome door handles too.

Some of us had experience debadging and removing model/version name. (think the technique was hair dryer and hair/wire).

Anyone tried removing the door strip?

Does anyone know where to buy the rear chrome garnish? The ones fitted on Prodigy and Presara.

I can only see chrome door handle (exterior) on ebay. Would be interested in interior chrome door handles too.

Unless you are lucky enough to find one pop up on eBay (may or may not happen), you are going to have to purchase it directly from Toyota. Will probably cost a lot too because the entire trim that is underneath the number plate has to be changed for it as it's not just a stick on strip.

Some of us had experience debadging and removing model/version name. (think the technique was hair dryer and hair/wire).

Anyone tried removing the door strip?

Removing the door strips on the side is just like the debadging method where you heat with a hair dryer and use fishing wire and a goo remover to clean up the adhesive. There are some threads from the Corolla guys who have done this. Such threads like this one:

Side Strips

However, with that said, I wouldn't go rushing into it yet. Now, I'm still searching for the post (it's harder to find than I thought), but I remember someone mentioning (450hp/tonne I suspect because he had all these bits for sale) there were mounting holes on the door to allow positioning of the side door strips. I can't be 100% on that, but I'm pretty sure that was the response. I will get back to you on that one.

Edit: Post found. Refer to my next post.

Outsource from Toyota... Or again, try to search it from Thailand.. I was thinking to do this mod as well... But meh.. All black is better for me.. xD

Sweet victory! I found the damn post. Stupid me didn't think of searching "door trim'. Anyways:

external door trims

It is held on by an adhesive and located by two lugs (one hole and one slot, circled).

doortrim.jpg

The adhesive is easy enough to remove (although very sticky), but you would need to bog up the holes and paint :(

The Aurion badge on the front doors should only be held on by a similar adhesive.

I too like the facelift look ... but I would choose against removing.

plastic rear garnish being part of bigger piece

I am aware of what a 'garnish' is. I am also aware of how the boot lid is constructed.

If you have seen my post where I have removed the rear section under the number plate, you would see it is a solid piece of plastic. On the Presara, it's still one piece of plastic except its got a groove moulded into it and the chrome strip is attached to it. This chrome strip is not available separately and even if it was, it would not fit the same way. Hence you only option is to find a stick on aftermarket strip from somewhere, or replace the whole trim. Just for reference, here are all the components of the boot lid moulding. As you can see, the part underneath the number plate only listed as a single piece:

rearsc.jpg