Rattle coming from passenger side

Yes yes I know how I boasted that there are no rattles in my car, but I guess I spoke too soon. Before anyone yells at me to search obviously I'm well aware there are hundreds of these threads, but mine is literally designated JUST to the passenger side.

Just got back home and had the car parked outside, its really cold tonight in Melbourne and I noticed when the car is cold that is when there is most noise.

It's just coming from around the passenger dash area, but my problem is I can't find or pin point where the noise is coming from. I emptied out the whole glove box, and drove with it open and closed, I pushed it in while driving and pushing it out with force while driving and the noise still comes. It feels like two soft plastics rubbing against each other.

Or I think that its touching up against the front window? Its so hard to find where the noise is coming from because it only comes from the left side and the rest of the dash is quiet.

It only happens when I go over rough bumps, if the Aurion did not have smooth suspension I think the noise would be unbearable. Unsure at all where this noise coming from the left could be coming from?

edit: I'm asking because I got it booked in on Friday, so if its something worth fixing or I have no hope that even after a fix the noise will still be there. Because also to be honest, I'm not that fond of them ripping out the whole dash.

Edited by unique

Try jiggling your passenger seat belt by hand when it is in the retracted position? Is that the sound you are getting. That is a commonly overlooked knocking/rattle on the passenger side.

That's where my original dash creaks started coming from.. between the dash and windscreen on the passenger side. It disappeared, after they did the dash kit fix....

On a side note, I was also getting a knocking noise from the front drivers side of the car when taking off....Took it into Toyota, and they ended up replacing the front right strut bearing.

Mine rattled on the passenger side when it was below about 18c. This could be stopped by pushing down in the speaker area. I had the clips done and now it has a lot more rattles everywhere else. If it doesn't really irritate you leave it alone.

I find the side air vent tends to creak / rattle a fair bit on mine ever since the dash clips were done - and this only occurs during cold weather or hot weather with aircon on.

As others suggested, also make sure the passenger seat belt is flat and hasn't become snagged on the edge of the seat...

You guys complaining about rattles need to start getting into loud music. It's amazing what it covers up.

I know :(. I had decked out my 97 camry with a decent system that would pump, made a custom parcel shelf and everything. I loved it. On the Aurion, I know it has a good system but it sounds too stocky. There is a huge difference from a better after market system from stock speakers. But at the moment I don't have that sort of many to blow. :(

You guys complaining about rattles need to start getting into loud music. It's amazing what it covers up.

I know :(. I had decked out my 97 camry with a decent system that would pump, made a custom parcel shelf and everything. I loved it. On the Aurion, I know it has a good system but it sounds too stocky. There is a huge difference from a better after market system from stock speakers. But at the moment I don't have that sort of many to blow. :(

I'm running stock speakers. The sub is what drowns out the rattles. Let the rattles become someone else's' problem :P:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

try "swinging" the glovebox, see if thats the noise

I once considered lining the glovebox with a thin layer of black foam or something

regarding passenger seat belt hitting b-pillar

I used to bucket the passenger seat belt to stop it lol

I don't do that now, it doesn't seem to do it anymore

yeah the dash kit didn't fix my rattles and I got some scratches from it

try "swinging" the glovebox, see if thats the noise

I once considered lining the glovebox with a thin layer of black foam or something

regarding passenger seat belt hitting b-pillar

I used to bucket the passenger seat belt to stop it lol

I don't do that now, it doesn't seem to do it anymore

yeah the dash kit didn't fix my rattles and I got some scratches from it

Thanks for the reply, yeah it seems like people get more problems from it after the fix. I will just have to live with it, its not like I'm gonig to keep the car for ever. It will be someone else's problem later few years later and I will opted for another new car.

I'm running stock speakers. The sub is what drowns out the rattles. Let the rattles become someone else's' problem :P:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Yeah thats pretty bad. Can I ask where you got your number plate cover from?

Not a cover? How is it so shiny? It sure looks like a cover from here? Whats with the black frame around it etc? What is it, a number plate made out of glass?

It's a personalised plate (obviously) in the 'Prestige' series, which means any alpha-numeric combination up to 6 characters (7 in special limited offers), and comes as a different design to the standard aluminium pressed number plate. The front is plastic (perspex, lexan or something like that) and the frame is made from aluminium. This is my front number plate (easier to remove) and you can see how it is constructed:

dsc05695k.jpg

dsc05697a.jpg

Not a cover? How is it so shiny? It sure looks like a cover from here? Whats with the black frame around it etc? What is it, a number plate made out of glass?

It's a personalised plate (obviously) in the 'Prestige' series, which means any alpha-numeric combination up to 6 characters (7 in special limited offers), and comes as a different design to the standard aluminium pressed number plate. The front is plastic (perspex, lexan or something like that) and the frame is made from aluminium. This is my front number plate (easier to remove) and you can see how it is constructed:

dsc05695k.jpg

dsc05697a.jpg

Oh okay, thats looking good. Dont have plates like that in Vic, they are all stamped.