Gear Cables Changed After Recall?

Have been getting rattles recently with the car, especially 4k rev and above. Thinking it was the gear cable and knob needing replacement, i brought it to MCT to be looked at. After "inspecting", they claim that all cars released after the recall have been updated with the new cable and knob. Can anyone verify this? Or is there anyway to check. The people working there have been less than helpful with my problems especially the notchy gear change problem which has just crept back after about 3 months of going away after they "fixed" it. Plan on making a complaint with them as its wasting a lot of my time. The fact remains there is still a rattle somewhere and I plan to bring this up again with them.

Firstly before everyone gets up you... PLEASE SEARCH..

Yes there was a problem, yes it has been fixed

1. check the inside of your drivers side door, near the hindge look for a silver sticker if it is there its been done..

2. secondly if it continues to annoy you got to your service centre and ask for the gear selector and gear knob kit and ask them to fit it

3. also ask them to fix your master cylinder in your clutch while your at it...

Firstly before everyone gets up you... PLEASE SEARCH..

Yes there was a problem, yes it has been fixed

1. check the inside of your drivers side door, near the hindge look for a silver sticker if it is there its been done..

2.  secondly if it continues to annoy you got to your service centre and ask for the gear selector and gear knob kit and ask them to fit it

3. also ask them to fix your master cylinder in your clutch while your at it...

Oki i dont think i made my post clear. I picked up my car brand new after they made the recall for all the existing cars. so i never sent in the car for that. Basically i picked up the car from MCT after the long wait of about 2-3 months for them to fix up all the new cars before they released them. My question is did they fix the cabling issues on these cars before letting them out to their new owners. my understanding is that no it hasnt. The guys at the service center claim otherwise.

And yes i do use the search button very freq and has been very useful for me thanks :). I dont think this particular topic/case has been covered yet. If i missed it, im sorry, there are a lof of topics covering the general gear rattling issue.

Edited by BenT

I bought my sportivo new after the recall work had been done.. and no the Gear selector cables hadnt been done.. I had shifting problems and rattling in the dash above 5k..

Has now been back to toyota and had the clutch, pressure plate and gear selector cables replaced.. Master cylinder also fixed... Shifts nice and smooth now.. still rattles but only occasainly (sp?)...

the recall has been done on all cars that have been re-released, or sold within the last, i would say 6-9 months

He isnt talking about the ECU and airbox.

My car was purchased in the last 6 months and while it did have the New ecu and airbox.. the gear selector cables werent done..

Edited by MotoMan

gear selectors, gear knob, ecu, air filter, were all apart of the recall issue, there was a toyota letter sent out to your local dealer.. you just had to ask for it.. (pre facelift) cars that were sold after this date were fitted and corrected..

omn1potent: please note in my above post it states "You just had to ask for it"

Edited by sportiv

There was no official recall for the gear selector cables!!! Only the ECU and airbox... The gear selector cables were only changed for those that asked for it and came in a seperate fix package. The pre-facelift models sold after the ECU recall would not have had the selector cables fixed as it may not have been needed. Toyota would not have spent money on something they didn't have to.

cars recalled did not have the gear selector cable replaced during recall.

i bought my car off another person and they had the recall done, but i was having shifting problems with the car.

today i took it to toyota and they replaced the gear selector cable and the gearbox oil.

i asked them about the clutch because thats what i heard was causing the shifting problems but they said they had checked the clutch and it was fine ? :(

shifting seems nice and smooth through the gears but in lift its still a fairly tight, not as bad as it was but still tight in lift

does everybody else find their car still requires a lot more effort than normal driving to shift in lift ? is this normal ? or should i go back to them and get them to have another look ?

cheers,

Andrew