Burning Rubber Smell

glm

Guys there's burning rubber smell comes out of the engine and aircon after i drive my Aurion for a while, is it normal? I've just got the car for one day, is it the new car thing? or something is wrong? Please help me, thanks a lot.

Besides they toyota link thing isn't on in my aurion, i asked the dealer to initialize it for me, but he said i have to do it myself, but there has no light on, it;s totally off, not red or green, i pressed all the buttons and it won't turn on, should i go back and ask him again?

Guys there's burning rubber smell comes out of the engine and aircon after i drive my Aurion for a while, is it normal? I've just got the car for one day, is it the new car thing? or something is wrong? Please help me, thanks a lot.

You said you've 'got the car for one day'. So you've just got it? Sorry, I thought you've had it for a short while already, that's all.

Anyways, if it is new, then getting the occasional odd smell isn't out of the ordinary. Just turn the air circulation to 'fresh air' and drive it for a little with the fan on full. It can also be smells coming from outside of the car coming through the fresh air vent like new tires etc. I occasionally get a burning rubber smell, but that comes from following trucks etc. That's another story.

Besides they toyota link thing isn't on in my aurion, i asked the dealer to initialize it for me, but he said i have to do it myself, but there has no light on, it;s totally off, not red or green, i pressed all the buttons and it won't turn on, should i go back and ask him again?

Unfortunately I'm not sure about setting that one up. Chances are, if it isn't responding, something isn't plugged in properly or a fuse is not there/blow. Personally, on a new car, if something like that isn't working or you are having difficulty, the dealer shouldn't hesitate to help you out.

Thanx for the information and quick responds guys, really apriciate.

I've just pick up the car yesterday afternoon, so the displayed car isn't mine, i found a similar picture on carsales.com ^^ I will upload my own pic soon.

I went to the service center today and they fixed the toyota link, I have read the other forum, and i am very sure that the dealer did not initialise it for me >.<.

Anyway it's working now, and i showed them the funny smell from engine, they said it's because it's new, and should not happen within a month ... I hope it's true.

I also find there's a little scratch at the rare of the car, I raised it straight away, and they said they will fix it at the 1st service, should I get them to fix it? it's very hard to c, I m worrying they might cause some other problems if they pull it out and repaint again >.<