help choosen mobile phone

sikwitit

hello everyone im looking to upgrade my phone and i cant decide which on to get i have a list of mobiles im looking at if you own that phone can u put up the pros and cons of that phone. all phones will be on a plan.

im looking for a phone with a exelent camera and plenty of memory for music photos etc also want it to have access to gps internet

apple iphone 3gs 16gb

Samsung Pixon

SAMSUNG Ultra Touch

if anyone has a different suggestion put it up open to suggestions

sean

I don't have too much input... only to say that if you want a great camera, Sony Ericsson has always been my first choice.

In terms of having large memory and a clean interface, you can't say no to an iPhone. Personally I hate them, but my hate is with Apple and not the phone itself.

I'm currently a HTC user at the moment. Touch Diamond.... would not recommend to anyone. It's one of those phones you have to get used to if you want to like it.

hello everyone im looking to upgrade my phone and i cant decide which on to get i have a list of mobiles im looking at if you own that phone can u put up the pros and cons of that phone. all phones will be on a plan.

im looking for a phone with a exelent camera and plenty of memory for music photos etc also want it to have access to gps internet

apple iphone 3gs 16gb

Samsung Pixon

SAMSUNG Ultra Touch

if anyone has a different suggestion put it up open to suggestions

sean

iPhone 3GS is the best option. You will never get bored of it. Heaps of free applications and easy to use. Very entertaining. Camera is good too in 3GS as compare to 3G with focus and video recording. Can use it as an ipod and battery life is really good.

The only thing i hate about it is that everyone has it :(

I have no idea about Samsung.

Have BB Storm too but its not as fascinating as iPhone. I got bored after few months and now i am paying for nothing bcz of the contract :(

Had HTC Touch diamond too and agree with DJKOR. You have to get used to it in order to like it. Small and lightweight with descent camera and functions.

I can't vouch for any of them really. The iPhone is a truly awful peice of technology, and the other 2 I haven't used. But I personally hate all all-touch-screen phones. You can't go past having real buttons. Personally I have a Palm Treo 750, which, apart from its woeful 1.3mp camera, is a great phone. Its internal memory isn't much, but its expandable with miniSD cards, and can support either 16 or 32gb as a maximum. I think the Treo Pro has a better camera.

I can't vouch for any of them really. The iPhone is a truly awful peice of technology, and the other 2 I haven't used. But I personally hate all all-touch-screen phones. You can't go past having real buttons. Personally I have a Palm Treo 750, which, apart from its woeful 1.3mp camera, is a great phone. Its internal memory isn't much, but its expandable with miniSD cards, and can support either 16 or 32gb as a maximum. I think the Treo Pro has a better camera.

I gots the SonyEricsson Aino and it is great. The screen is touch while closed (slide phone) and you use buttons while it is open. 8.1MP camera, focus, etc as it works really well as a camera. I had to play with the settings due to the touch screen when closed. You can answer a phone call with the screen closed then you put it to your ear; what's strange about that you ask? Well your ear can hang the phone up if it touched the end call button :lol:

There are no applications for the phone, which is ok as it is bundled with some decent stuff like GPS tracking and Sat Nav anyway. Sony's have always worked great as walkmans and cameras.

The Satino might be comparable to the phones you mentioned though.

Recently lost my iPhone 3GS 16GB. :(

But just to show how much I loved it, I went and bought the same one. Haha!

At first, I hated the iPhone, it's big and clunky, but it grew on me... It's an awesome piece of technology imo. I've looked in to Sony Ericsson Aino before buying the 2nd iPhone, it's camera really surprised me at 8.1MP. But iPhone's features are just irresistable.

As for the Samsungs, I don't want to say it's **** but I've got a large question mark on it's reliability.

My 2cents anyway.

Oh, 6MP??

I was just looking several days ago before my 2nd iPhone that it's 8.1MP. :S

Great looking phone though.. ahhaha! Almost got one! But couldn't break free from iPhones magic..

I gots the SonyEricsson Aino and it is great. The screen is touch while closed (slide phone) and you use buttons while it is open. 6MP camera, focus, etc as it works really well as a camera. I had to play with the settings due to the touch screen when closed. You can answer a phone call with the screen closed then you put it to your ear; what's strange about that you ask? Well your ear can hang the phone up if it touched the end call button :lol:

There are no applications for the phone, which is ok as it is bundled with some decent stuff like GPS tracking and Sat Nav anyway. Sony's have always worked great as walkmans and cameras.

The Satino might be comparable to the phones you mentioned though.

I got the Nokia N86 8mp. Great lil phone. None of that touch screen crap ;)

8gb internal +external up to 16gb.

8mp camera with Carl Zeiss lense (great photos with it) and bright flash too.

Built in GPS

Dedicated music hot keys when you slide the phone the other way.

I love it :D

Alternatively I've got a new E72 unopened if you wanna buy it.

Edited by and1

Afaik... (and I haven't looked this up, so maybe just try Google)

The extras 3GS has includes:

1. auto-focusing camera lens

2. video camera

3. 3MP camera (instead of 2MP)

4. voice control

5. MMS capabilities

6. longer battery life

Currently with all plans, 3GS comes out in 16GB/32GB BLACK or WHITE and all 3G comes out in 8GB BLACK

thanks for everyones input i think i will go with the iphone but which one should i get the 3g or the 3gs what is the difference beside the price lol

sean

thanks pycone for that information i would have looked up on the internet but at the moment im useing the internet on my phone and its not that fast and i couldnt be f**ked waiting for it to load

thanks and1 i dont like the pda/blackberry sort of phones buttons are to small cause i have big fingers it gets anouying and also my brother inlaw has one and the camera sucks on it and as i said b4 the dam buttons are to small so thanks but no thanks.

sean

went out today and looked at different plans but still not shore which one is better if you have any of the following have you had any bad experience with them.

virgin $70 plan with 1gb internet and $540 included credit plus 5dollaz for the 16gb iphone 3gs

vodafone $69 with 1gb internet and $400 credit nothing for the 16gb iphone 3gs

sean

I got the Nokia N86 8mp. Great lil phone. None of that touch screen crap ;)

8gb internal +external up to 16gb.

8mp camera with Carl Zeiss lense (great photos with it) and bright flash too.

Built in GPS

Dedicated music hot keys when you slide the phone the other way.

I love it :D

Alternatively I've got a new E72 unopened if you wanna buy it.

Nokia e72 is pretty good, boyfriend got it for my birthday

its got 5megapixel and has that front camera too and you can access the gps without internet as well as a built in dictionary

the memory of the phone is crap though it comes with a 4gb micro sd

ontop of that its pretty cheap if you buy it outright - blueflymobile.com $410 for brand new plus delivery :)

Iphones are crap ! everyones got one, if you want someone similar you can get the Motorola MILESTONE its got a slide qwerty

Off Topic... a little.

If I had a choice.... I would buy a Sony Ericsson again. Two reasons, an awesome camera (better still photos than a Nokia.. though Nokin wins on video), and it has TrackID. Now I don't want to hear the whole "iPhone has Shazzam story". TrackID sh**s all over Shazzam and was created first... yet Apple gets the praise with Shazzam.

Now I'm starting to rant on.

Off Topic... a little.

If I had a choice.... I would buy a Sony Ericsson again. Two reasons, an awesome camera (better still photos than a Nokia.. though Nokin wins on video), and it has TrackID. Now I don't want to hear the whole "iPhone has Shazzam story". TrackID sh**s all over Shazzam and was created first... yet Apple gets the praise with Shazzam.

Now I'm starting to rant on.

+1 Brother has the iPhone and his can't identify anything at all. Doesn't help I'm also a long time Apple hater (I did it before it was cool :lol:)

I have never had any reliability issues with all the SE's I've had. On the early ones the joystick would break after about 12-18 months; but they have rectified that by using the direction pad now. Brother had his iPhone for about 2 months before it broke.

How come there is no mention of Blackberries? (unless I chose to ignore them in this thread).

not to rain on some peoples parades i played with one in the shop and it had that shazam and it found every sound i played. have seen a navman app for the iphone does that require the internet to use it

sean

:lol: I would test the Navman app for you, but I'm overseas.. LOL!

But you don't really need the app? It's got inbuilt GPS anyway. Works fine.

not to rain on some peoples parades i played with one in the shop and it had that shazam and it found every sound i played. have seen a navman app for the iphone does that require the internet to use it

sean

sean

When you listen to a lot of trance/techno/dance... most of which has no lyrics, TrackID is the bomb. Also narrows it down to remix etc. Even works in some live performances... plus has higher sensitivity. Can work on the last 3 seconds of a song even. Want to know the reason why? Sony owns Gracenote and therefore has an EXTREMELY large database to work off.

Anyways, as for the GPS thing, if you get a Windows Mobile smartphone, you can put software onto it like TomTom or iGO8 which runs completely independent of an internet connection.

What you need though is the Sony Ericsson Satio :lol: . Actually, that's what I need and am thinking of upgrading to:

satio-6.jpg

Apart from TrackID, I really miss having a xenon flash on my phone. Come to think of it, I really loved my old SE. People would always comment on how good the photos were that it took.