Old aurion to a new aurion - obvservations.

Aurion

Hi there,

Just took delivery of a new ZR6 Aurion in White (build Jan 2010). Very happy with it so far, hasn't got over 20km on it yet!

Just thought I'd post up a few noticed changes etc. I have only driven it home from the dealers but have already noticed many changes.

So I had 2006 Wildfire Aurion ZR6 with sunroof (30,000km). Traded it in on a 2010 White ZR6 (series 2) Aurion.

The wildfire Aurion had a few niggling issues, mainly rattles. The whole dash and the sunroof made creaks and rattles. Nothing too bad, however still quite annoying. It did go in twice to have the rattles fixed, and some were fixed. This time round I decided to steer clear of the sunroof as I never used it and it just made noises, however it did look good on the outside.

So a few observations so far:

- No more/less dash noises. There is one slight one but it is not constant and i'm 99% sure is due to heat. I'm not worried about it at all. Build quality of the dash appears better, and put together well.

-There are stacks of new features. Bloody good value compared to the old money. Just a few - aux, bluetooth, rear sunshade, memory seats/mirror, electric chromatic rear vision mirror, heated side mirror, rain sensing wipers, reverse camera. That's just naming a few things.

-The new head unit is great. Doesn't look the best but the functionality is much better. It charges my iphone from the usb port and can also stream music from iphones and ipod touches(and phone and the like) over bluetooth, not just calls.

-The reverse camera is okay however the picture quality is rather average - but still does the job.

-The rear seats have a slightly different part where the belt goes through (it use to get caught when I used it in the old one, the new one doesn't seem to). However the "bits" that come from a side pocket on both sides of the rear seats are no longer there. These "bits" attach to the belt and pull it away from the person sitting. Not why these were in it either, never used them.

-The "netting" on the rear of the front seats has gone. The new one has these plastic parts that pull out, these are attached by elastic. I see the elastic failing eventually, don't know if this was a wise choice.

-New cluster lights. Appears to be a nicer, less intensive blue. And the little screen might be slightly bigger too, not quite sure however. Overall I do prefer it though.

Overall more than pleased with the changeover.

If anyone has any questions about it (nothing mechanical please) just post here.

Cheers

Here's a photo - sorry about the quality, took it in a rush on my phone.

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

o man dont be pointing that stuff out to series one owners :( im a big fan of the rear sunshade and electric chromatic rear vision mirror and the heated side mirrors this stuff is ace. wish my car had that stuff!

cant say i've been a fan of the new look sportivo's , (expect for the one in the ad) but your's in white i'm liking! i still think they look abit like a HSV E-series one but that's not such a bad thing lol.

planning any mods, wheels suspension?

o man dont be pointing that stuff out to series one owners :( im a big fan of the rear sunshade and electric chromatic rear vision mirror and the heated side mirrors this stuff is ace. wish my car had that stuff!

cant say i've been a fan of the new look sportivo's , (expect for the one in the ad) but your's in white i'm liking! i still think they look abit like a HSV E-series one but that's not such a bad thing lol.

planning any mods, wheels suspension?

Haha! My bad! No will be kept stock standard and sold again in 2 or 3 years. I didn't quite like them either, but it's starting to grow on me. I wish it was an actual HSV E2 :) And to be honest I think the rear sunshade is a bit of a gimmick but I'll wait and see.

Glad to hear you are satisfied mate. Thank the dropping prices in electronics for why you can now get more features for the same price.

Also BTW, those rear plastic things for the seatbelt are for smaller/younger passengers so the seatbelt holds against them better.

I'm still quite not a fan of the new Sportivo front end. Something just doesn't quite look right with the skirt. Also looks less unique than the original Sportivo's did. All personal opinion though.

Heated side mirrors? :S Whatttt???

Damn that thing is nice though! When I was at the dealer dropping car off to service I sat in one and had a look around, build quality does look much better in the newer ones.

Can I ask though how can you afford it? Buy a new car, get hit by depreciation then add thousands of dollars on top again? Whats your secret? :P

Heated side mirrors? :S Whatttt???

Helps prevent them from fogging up.

lol.. Yeah would be great if you lived in a place that snows like overseas countries but never in my life have I had side mirrors fog up on me :S

I just can't believe they added heated side mirrors but did not put in those things where the mirrors fold in electronically. Some euro cars can be done by even pressing a button on the unlock lock doors remote.

I seen someone do it at a shopping centre, one press of the remote put up all windows and folded in the side mirrors. Was pretty cool :P... My mates 07 accord opens the two front windows when you keep your finger on the unlock button for 3 seconds.

Edited by unique

lol.. Yeah would be great if you lived in a place that snows like overseas countries but never in my life have I had side mirrors fog up on me :S

I've had my side mirrors fog up on the occasional cold morning.

I just can't believe they added heated side mirrors but did not put in those things where the mirrors fold in electronically. Some euro cars can be done by even pressing a button on the unlock lock doors remote.

I have never seen the need for having fold in mirrors.

I've had my side mirrors fog up on the occasional cold morning.

I have never seen the need for having fold in mirrors.

Guess you never parked your car in a car park or small inner city suburb road?

congrats on the new car... :D

i love the new sportivos... even the standard aurions look better imo...

both my parents cars have electronical fold in mirrors (mercs) and they use them all the time...

one perfect example of when they are used is when they're parking in the garage... that way you can move around the cars and also theres no chance of clipping the mirrors on eachothers cars...

the one thing i always wanted was memory seats... it sh!ts me to tears when i take the car somewhere and then someone has to move it (ie carwash) and they change the seat position... i just dont feel right when i drive it again... :lol: