Am I going nuts or is this correct?

Wixy

Hi guys....

Anyone who owns a Camry 2.2L SXV-20R...Errr....whats going on? Or are these normal fuel figures?

I have the receipts to prove these figures...

I fueled up in Glen Waverley BP with Ultimate. Put in 49.96L out of a possible 70L tank.

I made the journey from Glen Waverley, Victoria to Bathurst, NSW - on googlemaps it says 842km, however i drove it around Albury during a stop over and also to some random towns (cuz that's what people do...lol), so i clocked up 889kms in total.

OK so throughout the trip there were more BP stations than i thought - thus i used BP Ultimate all the way.

Filled up 7.79L in Albury, then 32.45L on the Hume Hwy in NSW. I always fill to the top on 2nd click.

Calculations:

Kms travelled = 889kms

Fuel used = 8.79L + 32.45L = 41.24L

41.24: / 889kms = 0.04638920134

0.04638920134 x 100 = 4.638920134 Litres/100km

Unless I've calculated these wrongly and totally was sleep walking while i refueled at a station....HUH? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Conditions:

Sunny both days, no airconditioning, windows slightly down for a gentle cool breeze entering, air vents placed on outside air, 110km/hr hume hwy with higher speeds when overtaking and random speeds on olympic hwy from 40-110 km/h

Surely i cant do those ridiculous figures right? I'm staring at these receipts making sure they're not wrong.....

I made the journey from Glen Waverley, Victoria to Bathurst, NSW - on googlemaps it says 842km, however i drove it around Albury during a stop over and also to some random towns (cuz that's what people do...lol), so i clocked up 889kms in total.

OK so throughout the trip there were more BP stations than i thought - thus i used BP Ultimate all the way.

Filled up 7.79L in Albury, then 32.45L on the Hume Hwy in NSW. I always fill to the top on 2nd click.

What about the fuel used between the last re-fill and Bathurst? Bathurst is a good 200km from any point on the Hume.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a 2004 widebody manual 2.2 and it was a freak with fuel for the size of the car. Highway cruising with aircon on <6l/100k easy.

What you achieved is not abnormal for that car at all.

I have heard different about the auto version though... could be the driving style maybe??

• 2 months later...