Yaris Brakes

Speedz

My car is due for a 80k km service, some of the things that needs replacing...

Oil filter

Fuel filter

Engine belt

Brake pads

Brake fluild flush

Engine oil change

Parking brake tightening...

now i wanna replace the pads they are my 1st pair when i got the car new, just wondering should i go pay for a OEM or something aftermarket for abit more bite...? If so what do u recommend?

could anyone tell me if getting a Toyota salesman (my wife's friend) sourcing the parts be cheaper?

Cheers!!!

Edited by Speedz

If you were satisfied with how the OEM pads performed, then there really isn't a need to change them to something else. The fronts are a reasonable price from Toyota as well.

Otherwise, one type of brake pad I would recommend is QFM HPX, but this is only based on my own experience. You can pick these up for $79 plus delivery from GSL Rallysport. If you order them in the morning as well, Greg can have the courier deliver it by the afternoon as well for those in Brisbane.

If you were satisfied with how the OEM pads performed, then there really isn't a need to change them to something else. The fronts are a reasonable price from Toyota as well.

Otherwise, one type of brake pad I would recommend is QFM HPX, but this is only based on my own experience. You can pick these up for $79 plus delivery from GSL Rallysport. If you order them in the morning as well, Greg can have the courier deliver it by the afternoon as well for those in Brisbane.

QFM don't make pads for the Yaris, but Greg does have ACRE pads which fit. I have these on mine.

How good are these ACRE pads compared to the OEM ones?

Dont know how I have been driving but yeah i could feel the brakes isnt working as well as it suppose to be, same goes for the Aurion too lol... :P

Dont know how I have been driving but yeah i could feel the brakes isnt working as well as it suppose to be, same goes for the Aurion too lol... :P

I never had a problem with the OEM pads, but I changed them after 35,000kms anyway. The main difference I've noticed is better resistance to brake fade (Nebo runs were the reason I upgraded :P) and cold bite has improved. Everytime I put the brakes on the first couple of times in the morning I'm always jerking them on because I'm not expecting them to bite so well.

Performance during general driving is pretty much the same as OEM but they are there when you need that extra braking force. Coupled with the Brake Assist they work incredibly well :)

Kierin how much did the pads cost you?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

$84 which included $8 for the courier.

The part number is DB1820, which is to suit the NCP90R and NCP91R 3 and 5 door Yarii.

When I asked Greg about how they compared to the QFM HPX he said:

The Acre would be roughly comparable. Japanese pads are rated a little different, but they're certainly better than OEM/RDA/etc. Any dramas let me know.
Edited by Kieren

I never had a problem with the OEM pads, but I changed them after 35,000kms anyway. The main difference I've noticed is better resistance to brake fade (Nebo runs were the reason I upgraded :P) and cold bite has improved. Everytime I put the brakes on the first couple of times in the morning I'm always jerking them on because I'm not expecting them to bite so well.

Performance during general driving is pretty much the same as OEM but they are there when you need that extra braking force. Coupled with the Brake Assist they work incredibly well :)

Thanks for the info on the ACRE pads. Keen on upgrading brake pads. Already got braided lines and im very happy with them.

But one think i want to know, do these pads produce a lot of brake dust? Its just i hate cleaning my rims all the time. OEM doesnt produce much, if not ill just stick to OEM.

Thanks for the info on the ACRE pads. Keen on upgrading brake pads. Already got braided lines and im very happy with them.

But one think i want to know, do these pads produce a lot of brake dust? Its just i hate cleaning my rims all the time. OEM doesnt produce much, if not ill just stick to OEM.

Not more dust than I noticed with the OEM pads. Certainly less than the HPX pads on my Z which I drive once or twice a month compared to the Yaris which I drive every day :P

The Z does have slotted rotors though if that makes any difference...

• 2 weeks later...

I run Lucas pads on the front of my rally car, haven't even been able to get them to the green fade stage yet either and they haven't caused any "moments" yet.