Force feeding your corolla - have a read

How much work on top of buying that blitz kit from import monster would need to go into the sportivo?

We talking about 7-10k all up for s/c, ECU, new brakes, LSD, exhaust piping and labour?

Lets do some rough math ...

2000 for the S/C including shipping .... only issue here is u dunno if its all in good working condition .... lets assume it is and u dont need to do much.

2000 for Apexi PFC + wiring (unless ur putting it in a celica in which case this isnt needed) + tune

new brakes .... u looking at BBK or just better rotors n pads? a BBK will set u back atleast 1500-2000

1000 for LSD

1000 for exhaust

an extra K or 2 for labour .... yeah u might be able to get away with spending 10K ..... only issue is the 2nd hand s/c kits and what condition it might be in.

Also from memory the corolla blitz kit had a different part number from the celica blitz kit so if ur profile is correct and u own a celica then this might mean more mods or even potentially the kit not fitting properly .... not too sure what the differences are but obviously there are differences given the different part numbers.

Hmmm sounds like a waste of money to me. For under 10k I was able to rebuild my 4AGE (given it's an older motor) with new parts for a turbo conversion, buy a new turbo, intercooler, Microtech ecu, stainless steel piping, exhaust, custom manifold, etc. etc. + labor + tune. And the result is way more power and fun than you would have in a supercharged Sportivo (my opinion).

Hmmm sounds like a waste of money to me. For under 10k I was able to rebuild my 4AGE (given it's an older motor) with new parts for a turbo conversion, buy a new turbo, intercooler, Microtech ecu, stainless steel piping, exhaust, custom manifold, etc. etc. + labor + tune. And the result is way more power and fun than you would have in a supercharged Sportivo (my opinion).

4AGEs have always had an extremely strong and active aftermarket community.

Pity you can't put that 4A in a Sportivo though :P

4AGEs have always had an extremely strong and active aftermarket community.

Pity you can't put that 4A in a Sportivo though :P

True, but I didn't buy any parts specifically made for a 4AGE. Most of it was custom work.

Want to buy my engine? :P

• 2 months later...

Never thought of that but I wouldn't think there would be any fitment issues as the engine is orientated the exact same way, maybe the steering column might be an issue but I cant say for sure. Depends on which way the plumbing from the turbo goes to the intercooler, cant see too well in the photos.

In this forum if you scroll down there are some photos of underneath the car.

http://matrixowners.com/index.php?/topic/94683-2zr-fe-matrix-turbo-kit-for-real-this-time/

If all else fails you could probably send them an email.

Never thought of that but I wouldn't think there would be any fitment issues as the engine is orientated the exact same way, maybe the steering column might be an issue but I cant say for sure.

Steering column, steering rack, brake booster, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, brake lines, heater tap, heater lines etc etc is all swapped over to the other side...

Looking at the photos it looks like most of the plumbing is routed under the engine so I don't see any real fitment issues but as I said send them an email.

But remember that ZR-series engines have exhaust etc on the firewall-side, which is where all the stuff I mentioned exists, which is why it can be a problem when you go to fit a turbo kit designed for one "hand" on the other - back in the A-series days when the exhaust was on the radiator side it didn't matter anywhere near as much

The exhaust is on the firewall side in these photos and that's where they hung the turbo.

I know that, but since there is a lot of stuff on or near the firewall (as I said above, just about anything steering/brake/clutch/heater related), a turbo designed to fit in a particular spot on a LHD car may suddenly find all that stuff has been moved on the RHD versions and there is no room there any more.

Here are multiple threads showing that LHD turbo kits almost always don't fit RHD cars.....

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/34116-2zz-turbo-kit-for-1-g-is-this-right/

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/11485-corolla-xrs-turbo-kit/

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/37110-turbo-kit/

Thankyou for you input, I was really hoping that it might fit seeing as it has only recently been developed by them. Oh well.

Might have to look into a rear mount system like this. What do you think?

18572d1216520551-new-remote-turbo-soon-c

Edited by Hotbreeze

• 5 months later...

Ok, so I realise this is an old thread but..

Let's say I only wanted around the 30-50kW mark more than stock. What would be the most cost-effective way to achieve this? (let's define this as $/kW). Can this be done without a turbo?

• 1 year later...

Ok, so I realise this is an old thread but..

Let's say I only wanted around the 30-50kW mark more than stock. What would be the most cost-effective way to achieve this? (let's define this as $/kW). Can this be done without a turbo?

used supercharger kit TRD / GReddy / Blitz

$34 - $66 / kW

30% gain and up

The $ range is to account for whether you use the kit entirely or go for another ECU and subsequent tune which could quite lift $66 up to $100 also whether any missing parts from the kit or because it is used you wish to refresh some parts such as spark plugs than be using the used ones you got.