LED Flasher/indicators

czaja74

Did full LED swap today. All works perfectly, however indicator lights dont flash when locking/unlocking the car. I can hear the 'bip' only. Is there problem with the flasher or there is something I need to do to get that fix.unsure.gif

Edited by czaja74

As far as I'm aware, to change the locking modes on the Aurion (the locking characteristics), you need to have the Intelligent Tester connected to the car.

When you did your LED swap... you did change the flasher relay as well? Just making sure cause it is easy to miss. And your indicators work fine under normal operation?

Hmmmm, come to think of it, I can't remember where I heard/read this, but I have a feeling that the electronic flasher relay will actually disable your unlock/lock indicator flash. I can't remember the reason... but I think I've heard it happening before.

Edit: Here is one case of it being mentioned:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3519206

It might just be something to do with the way it works.

Went to the dealer and asked for the flasher. It seems like the flasher for 2010 is different to 2007 model. It is possible that it might be LED compatible. Does 2010 model uses Full LED lights. Can anyone comment on that.

Went to the dealer and asked for the flasher. It seems like the flasher for 2010 is different to 2007 model. It is possible that it might be LED compatible. Does 2010 model uses Full LED lights. Can anyone comment on that.

Nah have a 2010 ZR6 and it still has standard indicators, I haven't changed them to LED yet so not sure if the swap out is needed

Not sure which flasher you have but I have just installed a "LED" flasher into my 2002 Corolla Wagon and with LED's installed.

You can hardly see the "lock / unlock" flash as it is so short the LEDs just flash and that is all.

If you do not have LED's perhaps the lag time of seeing the light from incandescent globes does not give them enough time to light, hence no flash.

As this applies to a Corolla perhaps none of this is relevant?

Just a thought.

soundbyte