Help. Gear box issue. Graunching noises.

Hi, everyone. I have a yaris. There are two problems annoyed me so much.

Sometimes when I use the first gear I could hear graunching noises. Also, graunching noises could be observed between first and second gear change. This problem does not always happen but have 30% chance.

Secondly, everytime when I start the car and move it use the first gear, I could hear a metal knock sound from the bottom of the car, probably underneath the engine area (especially the cold engine start). If I do not switch off the engine, the issue does not happen again. However, after switching off and restarting, yes, I could hear the metal sound again. Last service, I told the problems to the toyota. The mechanic had a test drive and also heared the graunching noises but he said it is very difficult to locate where the problem is.

SO, what are these problems? What should I do? Thanks a lot.

Take it back to toyota and complain until they do fix it as your willing to pay, and seeing as its a car that they should have expertise in, they should find the problem. Maybe a gearbox flush/service?

How many ks has the car done?

Take it back to toyota and complain until they do fix it as your willing to pay, and seeing as its a car that they should have expertise in, they should find the problem. Maybe a gearbox flush/service?

How many ks has the car done?

Thanks, man. My car is under 20k,and still under new car warranty. I complain the issues twice when I took my car to sercive, but they did nothing.

Another thing I complain is that when everytime a/c is used, I stop the car in front of the traffic light, the revs will go down to 400 rpm first and then back to the normal 700 rpm. And I can feel the engine shaking from the brake pedal. I talked to them re this problem as well and they said it is very normal for a small engine capacity car.

Well, what can I say to this dealer? The dealer I go is one of the largest toyota dealers in my place probably ranking either one or two.

I really hope somebody from the toyota corporation management could see my post here and indicate me the action I should take.

Look, dont be afraid to hound them on issues that are concerning you. You paid for a product and that product should be free of faults. Its their responsibility to fix it, otherwise they'll just keep avoiding it until your warranty runs out.

If no one wants to help, ask for someone higher in the ranks(manager etc.)

If that doesnt work, write a letter of complaint or try another dealer. Obviously if the guy that came on the test drive noticed it then there is defenently a problem that he needs to fix (the whole point of warranty, he noticed it so its something that it not meant to be there) Who cares how long or hard it is to find IT SHOULD BE FIXED. THATS HIS JOB.

Anyway, like i said, dont be afraid to speak up, you paid alot of money for the car. HOUND HOUND HOUND until they've exhausted all their options!