Presara Headlight adjustment

brady.58

Has anyone had any success with adjusting the auto leveling headlights on the presara.

I have read most of the info provided on this sight regarding headlight adjustment but dont seem to be able to get the adjusting screws to do anything. There is actually 4 adjusting screws one can only be accessed whith the headlight assembly removed but none seem to make any difference.

Do you have to make the adjustments with the engine off so the auto leveling is disabled ?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

... one can only be accessed whith the headlight assembly removed but none seem to make any difference.

Are you referring to one of the ones shown below:

As well, one of the adjustment screws (which is the critical up and down adjustment) is a tough one to access unless you have the appropriate tools:

dsc03170oc8.th.jpg

dsc03173ae2.th.jpg

I'm not sure if the Presara HID assembly has the same adjustment screws though.

If so, did you actually make any adjustments on them? Because these should work in adjusting the headlights.

On closer inspection I found the height adjustment you refered to which is working. That sucker is really well hidden. By the way a medium size phillips head scew driver works perfectly on the adjusters.

There are 3 other adjusters on the presara which don't seem to have any effect at all. I know that the high and low beam adjustment is supposed to be linked but if thats correct why the extra adjusters? Is there any left to right adjustment?

I've been able to get the height pretty well OK but I'm not able to adjust left or right at this stage.

Thanks

Well I pulled the left headlight out today for closer inspection. Found that it has four adjusters (2 for high ,2 for low). They do not seem to be linked in any way and I was able to observe movement from all except the low beam left and right. It turns out that the ball and socket had come apart, so after much frustration I was able to get everything back together.

I am now able to adjust my HID high beam independently of the low beam for the perfect spread of light

• 5 years later...

Well I pulled the left headlight out today for closer inspection. Found that it has four adjusters (2 for high ,2 for low). They do not seem to be linked in any way and I was able to observe movement from all except the low beam left and right. It turns out that the ball and socket had come apart, so after much frustration I was able to get everything back together.

I am now able to adjust my HID high beam independently of the low beam for the perfect spread of light

So did anyone ever work out how to adjust the low beam headlight on the presara model? Because those adjustment screws in the pictures above are not there, the holes are, but there is no screw?