How accurate is the speedo on zre

Hey guys,

was wondering how accurate the speedo is on the zre.

Currently running on stock Tyres and wheels.

Reason why I am asking is because I went 79km/hr in a 70 zone. Past police patrol with those speed guns. Just worried that I might have been caught speeding.

Lol sorry about the crappy grammar, as I am posting this on the iPhone.

Cheers

The accuracy of the speedos in each car can vary. Some are spot on, some can be off by about 7-8km/h at 100km/h.

Only way to tell how accurate yours really is would be to get a accurate GPS device (I wouldn't call your everyday GPS accurate.. but close), or to get it tested.

If it wasn't a camera car, then if you didn't get pulled over, you are fine.

Like in most cars, it is showing a bit more than you're doing. I don't know why they do this, probably to prevent speeding. We'll, that's one stupid idea to fight the speeding. People should know EXACTLY how fast are they going, and make their decisions by themselves.

My ZRE is showing approx. 3km more, that's why I'm usually keeping my speedo arrow at +5-10km over the PSL. In Finland you get a ticket only when going like 10 or more km/h over the PSL, so even when I'm going 110 according to my speedo in the area of 100, I'm safe. Don't know if you have zero speeding tolerance in your country, but by doing 5km over PSL you'll be safe for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Like in most cars, it is showing a bit more than you're doing. I don't know why they do this, probably to prevent speeding. We'll, that's one stupid idea to fight the speeding. People should know EXACTLY how fast are they going, and make their decisions by themselves.

My ZRE is showing approx. 3km more, that's why I'm usually keeping my speedo arrow at +5-10km over the PSL. In Finland you get a ticket only when going like 10 or more km/h over the PSL, so even when I'm going 110 according to my speedo in the area of 100, I'm safe. Don't know if you have zero speeding tolerance in your country, but by doing 5km over PSL you'll be safe for sure!

Hey now, Finnish people have a crazy driver training/education system that Australia wish it could achieve... No speed limit for you fellas XD Jks jks about that bit =P