Smart key system of Camry

spacekey

How much are you willing to spend. Thousands? Because it's not as simple as putting a button in. I will quote a post I made earlier:

Ok... lets say i want to do it cheaply on my SX6 Sportivo ? how would i go about doing that ?

SX6... no can do (cheaply). This is what you would need:

1) The control ECU for the Smart Entry,

2) Receiver for the ECU (mounted on C-Pillar, and different to the standard one),

3) The push button switch,

4) New drivers side door handle,

5) New steering column (as it has a motorised lock assembly and no key tumbler)

6) At least one Smart Entry transponder key.

Don't ask me how much that will all cost. My best guess would be that you won't want to know.

Add to that as well, you need to also get all the antenna's that are mounted in various places around the car. I think there are about 6 of them. These alone cost like $100-200 each.

I knew some aftermarket keyless sys, it cost about $500, but you need to order it from China, hope this help.

Those types of kits are rather limited in their use. The lock/unlock feature that the Smart Entry has utilising the door handle is not present, plus the fact that this type of kit is not very secure.

To fit this type of kit, you need to override your steering column lock which involves modifying the column, or cutting a key and placing it in the ignition to disable the lock.

So pretty much in Summary, Buy a new Hybrid or a Grande if you need the feature so bad lol :S it is a great feature though, sure you could live with out the starter button (the whole key thing idea wasn’t really broken?) but the chicks sure seem impressed by it :P The whole door and boot bit locking and unlocking by touch is a great feature especially if your hands are full or in the rain. get it if you can but like DJ said you probably don't want to know the cost :S

I knew some aftermarket keyless sys, it cost about $500, but you need to order it from China, hope this help.

That looks like the one I saw on a Thai forum & a website which sells that thing (Recognized the remote.). From what I've read, they can supply an application-specific driver's side smart key door handle.

That looks like the one I saw on a Thai forum & a website which sells that thing (Recognized the remote.). From what I've read, they can supply an application-specific driver's side smart key door handle.

Yes, but as DJKOR said you need to override your steering column lock which involves modifying the column, it's not safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but as DJKOR said you need to override your steering column lock which involves modifying the column, it's not safe.

I deliberately chose an Ateva over a Grande because it didn't have the draft keyless entry (also, it doesn't have the awful looking shiny plastic wood or the touch screen satnav). However, I wish my car had the sunroof (an option, I know, but reduces the roof height too much for me), extra speakers and rear electric sunshade. What is so wrong with a normal key in conjunction with a remote blipper?

What is so wrong with a normal key in conjunction with a remote blipper?

Novelty + laziness :lol:

Seriously though, after using the Smart Entry, you just don't want to go back to using a normal key.

What is so wrong with a normal key in conjunction with a remote blipper?

Novelty + laziness :lol:

Seriously though, after using the Smart Entry, you just don't want to go back to using a normal key.

I don't know...

I've had driven my mums Lexus around a few times and I really couldn't care either way. ;)

I don't know...

I've had driven my mums Lexus around a few times and I really couldn't care either way. ;)

Hmmm. I guess when you get in and out of your car many times a day and drive it quite a bit, you start to notice the little conveniences from it.

Plus I'm planning on disassembling and modifying a Smart Entry remote so that it will slot into part of my wallet. That way it's one less thing to carry.