Price on a 2009 Sportivo

prometheus

I did a search in Carsales today and came up with a 2009 Auto Sportivo demo model with 7000 klms on the clock.

It's advertised at $28,990 Drive Away No More to Pay.

I have a 1996 4cyl Camry auto with 185 000 klms in fair condition that I would trade in.

A salesman from the dealer called me and I offered him $25 500 as a total changeover price.

Being that I am not desperate to buy , I deliberately offered a very low price ... hehe.

So , what do you guys reckon is a more reasonable changeover price ?

Given it a rethink , I would not pay a cent over $27,500.

I did a search in Carsales today and came up with a 2009 Auto Sportivo demo model with 7000 klms on the clock.

It's advertised at $28,990 Drive Away No More to Pay.

I have a 1996 4cyl Camry auto with 185 000 klms in fair condition that I would trade in.

A salesman from the dealer called me and I offered him $25 500 as a total changeover price.

Being that I am not desperate to buy , I deliberately offered a very low price ... hehe.

So , what do you guys reckon is a more reasonable changeover price ?

Given it a rethink , I would not pay a cent over $27,500.

G'day - I don't know whether it will help you or not, but I'll post my own experience. I traded in a 1995 4 Cyl Camry with very similar km's on the clock (186,000) and was only given $2000 for it, basically I had 'extras' thrown in such as more rego, bonnet and headlight protectors, rear scuff plates and a very reduced price on extended factory warranty. I bought a 2006 Camry Sportivo (manual) as a demo, and it had 20,000km on the clock and I paid $22,500 after changeover; the original advertised price was $25,500. I was pretty happy with that, did alright I think for a young single girl (buying/talking cars is still very much a man's world...)

I tend to look up Carsales every so often and it looks like most demo Sportivo models are around the $24-30,000 mark; is there any reason you're looking at an '09 model? Just because as aside from it being slightly newer there is no real difference. Stability control became standard on all models built from early 2008 onward, and its the 2010 builds that are the facelift variety. If you go back to a late '08 model you might shave a bit more off the price, and there are still quite a few around with very little km's on them.

I've had a couple of slight drama's with mine (dust in clutch, boot leak) but they're all the result of the dealers mistakes, so I can very highly recommend this car. Great looking car, still very economical to run and service (there is an increase in fuel consumption compared to the Gen 3, but there's also more power in this 4 cyl) and it's solid as a rock. Plus a great base for some mods!

Edited by Tash

Tash , what sort of fuel economy do you get with your Sportivo.

The car I have mentioned above is a 2009 update model and theoretically should be slightly more economical on fuel now that the "official figures" are at average 8.8L per 100klms.

Well mine's a manual, so I'm probably not in the best position to comment on that, assuming that you're more than likely going to get an auto. However, on the freeway I regularly achieve in the low 7's (7.2, 7.4lt), around town it's like Reece suggested and around the 9lt mark or mid 8's. And then I have those bad weeks where I push it a bit harder and its more like 10 or 11 litres lol

Guess you've gotta decide whether it'll be a massive difference in fuel economy and if you like the facelift Sportivo or not :) I don't know anyone with a facelift Gen 6 (technically 6.5 now) Camry..

Exactly! :) Just comes down to which car you prefer now - they are both very very nice vehicles and a great base for mods of any kind, just have to look around here to see plenty of evidence of that! I love the look of both but I'm definitely a Camry girl, there's just *something* about them for me :D

My heart says , Aurion ... more power,better acceleration, smoother and I think , more features in the base model (at least) and still decent fuel economy.

My head says Camry , (slightly ?) cheaper to run , but it would probably have to be a Sportivo , I don't think I could settle for a Altise after driving a 1996 CSi for a long long time.

My car is still ok to drive but sooner or later (2- 3 years max) I'm gonna have to bite the bullet.... by then the next model will probably be out. :blink:

Having just bought a 2009 Camry demo (1100km mileage) and a new Camry, I reckon the price offered by the dealer is realistic. In fact, it sounds pretty good. Your trade-in is worth at best $2k. They are unlikely to offer you less as there are many dealers who offer minimum $2k trades. If you tried to sell privatley you could get maybe double that, then again you might not (and you need to pay for a RWC).