Aurion speakers

Hey all,

Im planning on replacing the stock 6x9 speakers with some Focal splits in the front and Eclipse 6x9 in the back. Before I pull the car apart, does anyone know if the stock front and rear speakers are exactly the same (size, mounting points, etc.)? If they are then I only need to pull off 1 door trim to start measuring and making some spacers to fit both front and rear speakers.

Cheers

The entire speaker assembly is different, but the physical speaker size and mounting holes should be in the same place. The reason for this is because the front speakers have to have different clearances compared to the rear speakers. I wouldn't advise making your front and rear mounts the same since on the front you need to consider the window clearance, and for the rear you need to pay attention to the boot spring. As well, the physical cutout in the car body for the front speakers is larger than the cutout for the rears.

This would be a bit of challenging project for you if you DIY.

The size of mounting between aftermarket 6x9 and factory one is different and you really have to be considered about clearance on both front and rear.

You would wanna get customised mdf for front mount which would make the job easier.

To sum up, the size is same but the mounting size is different.

Also, be careful with the depth clearance too on both front and rear which would be a bit of pain to find what speakers you get.

Good speakers faily big magnets on the back of the speakers but these kinda speakers would not fit on the rear because of the boot chassis laying right under the original rear speakers.

Once you see it, you would know what I am talking about.. so go for it and see how it goes. :P

Jin

Edited by JIN