Wheels...

Skitzo

Just curious if you guys know if 17' wheels would go onto a corolla ascent without any problems...

Im looking at getting some ROH's for my baby but want to know if they are gonna upset anything else in the mean time....

i walked pasted a ascent at Mt. Druitt K-Mart and it had 19's!

i don't think it was lowered at all...looked like it was a little higher too.

looked nice though...but huge!!! :o

Just curious about the speedo here...

The 2002 ascent had 14" rims, the 03/04 ascent has 15" rims, and you're going to 17s.

Is there any simple way of recalibrating the speedo, as it's electronic it can't be too difficult, cant see Toyota fitting different speedos for each rim size..??

Just trying to keep it all legal an roadworthy..

dakota - remember that you take into consideration the profile of the tyre when you add bigger rims :) the larger the diameter in the wheel the smaller the width of the tyre rubber so a 17" wheel will generally have 45mm profile tyres making the overall diameter and the circumfrence the same as the orignal.....therefore no need to adjust the speedo :D

Skitzo - I have one of my mates at Bob Jane sorcing a whole heap of 17" and 18" wheels at the moment for me. If you like I could forward on the email to you once he has finished???

Skitzo - I have one of my mates at Bob Jane sorcing a whole heap of 17" and 18" wheels at the moment for me. If you like I could forward on the email to you once he has finished???

Hey Danthuyer,

Could you forward me the email as well? I'm looking for 17" rims for my Stivo as well, but all the nice ones I've seen are all 5 studded and not 4.

Yeah that would be great Danth.

My ascent is an 03 ascent btw... Should have made that clear.

Ive already asked about it and I would need to get totally low profile tires to keep the same diameter, ive been quoted $2200 for a set of chromed up gods. (including the tires)

i walked pasted a ascent at Mt. Druitt K-Mart and it had 19's!

i don't think it was lowered at all...looked like it was a little higher too.

looked nice though...but huge!!! :o

I've seen a Red rolla (ascent or Levin) with 18" chromes in that area some months back... is that the one ur talking about???? :unsure:

My ascent is an 03 ascent btw... Should have made that clear.

Ive already asked about it and I would need to get totally low profile tires to keep the same diameter, ive been quoted $2200 for a set of chromed up gods. (including the tires)

for zze122 built PRE april 03 the wheels are 185-65-14

for zze122 built AFTER april 03 the wheels are 195-60-15

(unless you received alloys against standard steel)

zze122 built in south africa have bridgestone tyres made in south africa

zze122 built in japan have dunlop tyres made in japan

you can check where a stock zze122 is built by its brand of tyres.

i understand road laws permit you to upsize only 2" height and 1" width from your model (not what is the largest size sold by the dealer).

to upsize your wheels from 185-65-14 you need 205-40-17 if you want your speedo closest to original.

to upsize your wheels from 195-60-15 you need 205-45-17 if you want your speedo closest to original.

inflation and wear and tear of your tyres affect diameter and thus your speedo reading.

when you upsize please remember to check width and offset. even though road laws permit you to upsize 1" width your insurance company could be different and only permit you to upsize 1/2".

zze122 stock width is 6" and offset 45.

offset calculator

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

do you want to lower your car with lowered springs? good spring manufacturers will advise what size wheels are best for their parts. for example TEIN s tech springs advise for zze122

17 x 7J +40

215-40-17

if you are unhappy with standard offset of the wheels you are interested in you should ask if the wheel manufacturer will supply custom offset.

for zze122 17 x 7J a smaller offset will bring your wheels closer to your guards. the advantage of this is greater car balance and your guards would look more filled. the disadvantage is your tyres could rub your guards because the clearance is now less than before.

Orrock can U elaborate a bit more....?? nah just joshin.. top response mate thanks.

I remember a few weeks ago someone with a copper mate sayin

" innacurate speedo = unroadworthy = comprehensive insurance is made invalid and wont apply"

I reckon that'd be right too, so big ups to Orrock for the info, legally it's gonna pay to do the maths specially come bingle time.

orrock - very indepth look there mate :) Great to see so much technical data getting around in these forums :D

Skitzo - My last set of wheels and tyres made out to be $2500 with rubber. @ $600+ a corner you dont want to hit anything at speed or let your girlfreind drive it :P Mine has scrubbed all but one of my wheels on my other car GRRRRR! :angry:

E-Gene - No worries mate ill add you to the email list :)

also have a look at a brand of tyre called 'SAVA' they are a german made Dunlop Tyre....not too expensive and are a great all round tyre...plenty of grip B)

Would celica wheels fit on the stivo?

stivo pcd is 4 x 100. match this pcd for wheels to go onto stivo hub. for less hassle purchase new wheels with warranty from a reliable dealer. good dealers will place wheels you wish to purchase in front of your car so you can see what it will look like.

Just went to tire power pro and they are gonna fit me 4 chrome csa (dominator) wheels on 8th April. New tyres with it as well, not sure what they are gonna put, I left that up to them. total cost is $2100 and im not paying for labour on top of it.

I asked him straight out of they were illegal or legal and he confirmed that everything was above board.

Thanks for the help though guys! Il post pics when they are fitted, after that il be getting a carzone special body kit, custom made though so I can have a better exhaust than what comes with the current kit.

I'm looking for titanium coloured 17" rims for my Stivo, any suggestions on where I could go find them, a shop in Melbourne or even an online shop?

Will I be able to just fit them on without having to change the springs or adjust the speedo, etc? What size tyres should I be looking for?

total cost is $2100 and im not paying for labour on top of it.

when purchasing a package (wheels and tyres) if a dealer charges extra $$$ for fitting, balancing, alignment and lock nuts I would think twice about purchasing from them.

all wheels pretty much cost the same for the same grade from different manufacturers. you will find tyres make a big difference in $$$ and driving.

I'm looking for titanium coloured 17" rims for my Stivo, any suggestions on where I could go find them, a shop in Melbourne or even an online shop?

Will I be able to just fit them on without having to change the springs or adjust the speedo, etc? What size tyres should I be looking for?

i would make a decision on style and not colour/finish. you can change the finish of your wheels but you cannot change the style.

try www.tyres.com to see many different wheels for australian market

go to ttf (the tyre factory) in dandenong. i think they have the largest real wheel samples in melbourne. if you like to purchase from a catalogue do so but if you like to purchase from real wheel samples go to ttf.

when you are serious about some wheels ask the staff to place the wheels to your car so you can see what it will look like.

lowered springs, speedo and tyre sizes has been covered for zze122 and most of this translates to stivo.