HONDATA heatshield

i was thinking of getting one of these, what u guys think? my unlce just got one for his dc2R i dunno if it was that that made his engine temp real low? it just just about cold maybe it was the spoon thermostat.. not sure anyways it seems to be good? any comments? this just reduces the temperature of the air reaching the engine as there is less heat transfer between the engine and the intake manifold...

I don't like doing this but.... it do a quick search for Hondata...

This has been discussed before...

There are a few guys (3) that I know of that have these but only Craig (Danthuyer) has it installed. Apparrently there are some very minor modifications that have to be made to the heatshield for it to fit properly. but have a look and see what you cna find :) :D

i was thinking of getting one of these, what u guys think? my unlce just got one for his dc2R i dunno if it was that that made his engine temp real low? it just just about cold maybe it was the spoon thermostat.. not sure anyways it seems to be good? any comments? this just reduces the temperature of the air reaching the engine as there is less heat transfer between the engine and the intake manifold...

exactly right

you dont get power gains as such. but the intake manifold remains cooler than a car without the hondata. if you go to the hondata site and have a read its all there.

I noticed at the CES dyno day that i could hold onto the minfold pipes for a second on my car after a run. On a car without the shield you could barely touch the pipes.

The figures are there on the site. If you want one then go get it ;) just becareful when installing

• 1 year later...

Big bump here...

I for the life of me can't find anything on what needs to be done with modifying the heatshield to be ready to install it into my sportivo.

For those in the know, or who have installed it, can someone tell me about what needs to be modified to get it to fit?

Thanks in advance.

It's a right royal pain in the A55 and something i was gonna do but to pull the entire intake off the engine and drop belts etc to get to bolts on ridiculous angles to put a gasket in wasn't worth the effort.

But if you want to pay your mechanic to do it he'll love you :clap::toast:

Funny you say that, one of my mates works for Toyota, but I don't think he'd want to do it after seeing what you wrote.

What belts have to come off?

Edit: Can't spell for sh!t.

Edited by Donza