hid installed today

before i get someone to install the hid conversion kit into my aurion, i researched on the internet, many instructions said that it needs a relay between the two blasts. but my installer didnt use the relay cable, he said for aurion's h11 bulb, it isnt necessary to have a relay. another thing is, many instruction says hids need power from the battery, but my installer didnt do that either. is that normal? or i was fooled by him?

but anyway, i really like the 6000k colour with two white led parker lights. was going to post some photos, but i dont know how..... lol

cheers~

p.s. has anyone done the rear sway bay installed by yourself? with one jack come with the aurion? is it possible? or has to be done with the car totally lifted up?

Edited by stanley19870425

The HID's don't require a relay since the stock wiring is sufficient to handle the requirements of the ballast. If you want to have more control over how it operates (ie. Not flashing with the high beams when you headlights are off), then a relay setup can be useful.

As for the sway bar, you can do it by lifting only the rear up on Jack stands. You can even install it without jacking up the rear, but you need to b thin and flexible.

As for the sway bar, you can do it by lifting only the rear up on Jack stands. You can even install it without jacking up the rear, but you need to b thin and flexible.

i only have the jack come with the aurion, which means i can only lift up one side only at one time.

its sad im not thin and absolute not flexible....do u think i should give it a try?

i only have the jack come with the aurion, which means i can only lift up one side only at one time.

its sad im not thin and absolute not flexible....do u think i should give it a try?

A word of caution, you should not perform work underneath your car when it is supported solely by the scissor jack included with the car.

Head down to your local auto store and pick up a $20-30 pair of jack stands.

Also, lifting only one side will make it hard to change you sway bar.