Can Anyone Suggest a good muffler for the ZRE

Hey everyone

I'm just curious as to what people think, I have a ZRE 2008 Hatch, thinking about putting a new muffler on it. I don't want anything stupid sounding, just a soothing purrr, nothing too out there. Also how much would i be looking at?

Any opinions would be great!

i've got 2" axelback muffler with a 3" tip, not too loud nice little rumble on idle and not so loud on the inside aswell...but i cant even hear it cause my CAI seems louder than my exhaust lol

i've got 2" axelback muffler with a 3" tip, not too loud nice little rumble on idle and not so loud on the inside aswell...but i cant even hear it cause my CAI seems louder than my exhaust lol

haha nice! how much did that set you back? any ideas where i can get something similar in the Southern Sydney or Sydney?

haha nice! how much did that set you back? any ideas where i can get something similar in the Southern Sydney or Sydney?

umm if i remember last, i think it only set me back like $120, try your local exhaust centre, i got mine done at blair's tyres in Narellan, PM jtron on this forum, he's got the xforce S12 twinloop exhaust fitted on his

Edited by flipsta24

I've got the Xforce S12 Twinloop. It's just barely louder than stock especially on idle, but you do notice that it's there. You can here it purring between mid range but I can't hear much from it after 4k due to engine noise.

The stainless steel finish looks pretty good. I was surprised on how big it was due to the design, mine points slightly downwards.

I'm pretty happy with mine because it doesn't make my ZRE drone especially in low speeds.

Got mine for $160 installed from Westside Mufflers in Padstow.

Edit: I noticed some slight vibration but I think this is due to the larger size of the muffler. Mine is a 3.5" tip with 2.5" inlet. I forgot to mention what size inlet I wanted at the time... <_<

John

Edited by jtron

So true charlie! CAI oversounds the exhaust now. lol

I got the TRD muffler axelback. Its perfect and subtle. Doesnt drone and has a throaty growl wen you give it a bit. But the price will shock you.

I PM'd you mate, check your messages.

Edited by johnnieboi

Thanks for all that info, if I can't get a hold of the TRD i might have to settle with a Twinloop as the TRD is a bit pricey too. If anyone hears about a stockist pleae let me know via PM i would love to have a TRD muffler!

Cheers everyone for your input.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Chris try Best Mufflers at Carlton,thats where I'll eventually get mine done,he's sold alot to Vic Sportivo owners and does very neat custom work..

if you're just looking for just a muffler i'd recommend the TRD high response muffler.

G'day guys

Bit the bullet about a month ago, I ordered my TRD high response muffler, just waiting now. I wish it would hurry up and arrive. Wasn't cheap but hopefully the sound and look will set the back off nicely. Thanks for all your responses. Hopefully post some pics once i get it installed.

Cheers

Chris