ZRE facelift rear bar on pre-face

Most of us are wondering what it would like,not a fan but anyway.. It almost is a perfect fit, as just posted in ZRE thread this white one with facelift tail lights looks perfect but obviously a slight difference in the shape,only slight..

As you can see a slight shadow below the light and see the difference in following pics.....

TTEfl1.jpg

Fbar2.jpg

Fbar3.jpg

Fbar4.jpg

Fbar1.jpg

I originally hated those rear reflectors.. but i dunno.. sometimes.. it looks okay.. accepting it more now. Feel like it ruins the lines of the zre body, IMO anyway

It doesnt look so bad on the navy blue zre with facelift rear bar.

Facelift rear lights look quite nice on the pre-facelift zre. The gap and difference doesnt seem so bad.

but they look a little strange to me when the brakes are applied.

Spot on Kenneth,thats the only thing that puts me off too.. As for the reflectors in the bar,I just cant seem get over that

As far as i remember, the blue (on facelift) had been deleted here ... I may be wrong tho..

Me too, cant get past the reflectors...

Edited by dutchie101

Very nice find. Where in the world do you get all these pictres? I own the facelift and I found them a little disappointing myself, but I got use to them since I'm not the one staring at them from the outside. But I do wish Toyota came out with the different design with the reflectors or added something else in the mix to look at.

I noticed that the AurisX rear has a slightly different design, that would make an interesting combination...

great find john!!! wouldn't you be able to get those reflectors covered up somehow just like how that auris owner covered up his foglights on his front bumper? it would look so sweet after covering it up. :D

As far as i remember, the blue (on facelift) had been deleted here ... I may be wrong tho..

You're right, they no longer have the Aztec Blue.. but they've now got Tidal Blue, which I think looks really nice and sharp - I saw one on the road a while back.

Good find John, but like you, not really a fan of the facelift rear bar. Facelift tails on pre-facelifts looks alright..

(Team white FTW! :P )

• 3 months later...

Most of us are wondering what it would like,not a fan but anyway.. It almost is a perfect fit, as just posted in ZRE thread this white one with facelift tail lights looks perfect but obviously a slight difference in the shape,only slight..

As you can see a slight shadow below the light and see the difference in following pics...

Fbar3.jpg

As I mentioned about not being a 100% fit, here it is in reverse, facelift tails on pre-face rear,It would annoy the hell out of me so I will leave mine alone...

post-9535-128524149859_thumb.jpg

Speaking of facelift tail lights they are $308.90 per side + $56.65 per side for the harness

Inc of GST and all parts are ex Japan

Money I'd rather spend elsewhere I think...

• 5 months later...

As you can see a slight shadow below the light and see the difference in following pics...

Fbar3.jpg

As I mentioned about not being a 100% fit, here it is in reverse, facelift tails on pre-face rear,It would annoy the hell out of me so I will leave mine alone...

Speaking of facelift tail lights they are $308.90 per side + $56.65 per side for the harness

can't use preface harness? and is the facelift harness direct plug in to preface?

can't use preface harness? and is the facelift harness direct plug in to preface?

Not too sure what it looks like Will but when I priced I was given the harness price too so i'm guessing they are needed...

Looking at a pair this week and the bar if the price is right :P

Fbar3.jpg

I can 100% guarantee you guys that they are different harness... The brake light bulb is bigger.. My mate has facelift bottom bar. And he had to get new harness.. When you saw it john he had the preface lights his got the facelift ones now

Fbar3.jpg

I can 100% guarantee you guys that they are different harness... The brake light bulb is bigger.. My mate has facelift bottom bar. And he had to get new harness.. When you saw it john he had the preface lights his got the facelift ones now

how do you fit the harness?

gotta stop asking stupid question. You have a facelift at home open that rear tail light up and have a look.

gotta stop asking stupid question. You have a facelift at home open that rear tail light up and have a look.

dont worry seems as though me and john were looking at the same set of lights... also i aint touchin mums car she gonna chop off my egg roll