05 hiace fuel problem

kanny

i have a 2005 toyota hiace diesel. it has just over 400 thou on the clock. when i power on it cuts out and a check engine light comes and runs in a safe mode then i can swicth the car off and drive it fine untill i power on again. it blows heaps of smoke. it logs a computer code saying a fuel problem and the mechanics tell me its either the injectors or fuel pump? and they said it would be $13000 yes that right thirteen thousand!!! thats sounds way too much for injectors and the pump and labour?? anyone in this forum had the same type of problem and what sought of money would i be looking at? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2005 toyota hiace diesel. it has just over 400 thou on the clock. when i power on it cuts out and a check engine light comes and runs in a safe mode then i can swicth the car off and drive it fine untill i power on again. it blows heaps of smoke. it logs a computer code saying a fuel problem and the mechanics tell me its either the injectors or fuel pump? and they said it would be $13000 yes that right thirteen thousand!!! thats sounds way too much for injectors and the pump and labour?? anyone in this forum had the same type of problem and what sought of money would i be looking at? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gday Mate

I'm given to understand that later model diesels run a much higher fuel pressure than earlier ones and thats why they are expensive as the tolerances are a whole lot tighter.

http://www.dynamicdiesel.com.au/

Have a look at this or contact them to find some idea of pricing. Hope thats a help to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

mine tinket it too dear ----but a whole vehicle for that price