BANG sportivo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they say, if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right :lol:

lol nice one

ok got the genuine flywheel bolts ( ahh $97 for 8 :blink: )

flywheel machined and excedy HD clutch !

i was thinking of buying the crown and pinion from MWR but thought nah..

ALSO i wanna buy the 6th gear 0.725:1... how hard is it to do when i get my new/2nd box?????? take long???

Shoulda got a lightweight flywheel while you're at it. Makes a hell of a difference :yahoo:

Hope you can get her fixed up soon.

Shoulda got a lightweight flywheel while you're at it. Makes a hell of a difference :yahoo:

im going to america... and the snow.. i cant afford it, the rolla chose a bad time to stuff up <_<

im going to america... and the snow.. i cant afford it, the rolla chose a bad time to stuff up <_<

Ah same .... my clutch choose a time when I'm jobless to stuff up..... About a grand worth of work and parts there .... <_<

Ah same .... my clutch choose a time when I'm jobless to stuff up..... About a grand worth of work and parts there .... <_<

Damn... you sure gave that gearbox a beating.

Quite a bit of damage there. What was the guy's reaction when he pulled it apart?

am I allowed to say it on here? Lol holy *uck.. What where you doing at thr time

I replied " coasting at 60kmh.. "

he thinks I'm lying but I ain't

For a crownwheel and pinion to let go like that is has seen some serious kind of abuse. big rpm launches usually causes damage like that!!

man what have u been doing ..... dragging every tom, d1ck and harry off every set of lights ..... lol .... as SB said that sort of damage is a case of repeated hard launches :blink: :blink: :blink:

also the thing to remember is that u might have been coasting at the time that it finally let go but its all the previous hard hits that caused all the damage ..... i had 3rd gear let go while coasting @ 50 but it was all the dyno and drag runs down at eastern creek that would have caused all the damage since 3rd gear is when my setup hooks up and all the power hits the road.

anyway ...... not much u can do now other than fix it.

man for that price u could have got the arp set shipped over from mwr http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_132&products_id=372

the 6th gear set i think from memory is gonna set u back $300+ brand new from toyota from memory ...... make sure u ask for the set.

the 6th gear set i think from memory is gonna set u back $300+ brand new from toyota from memory ...... make sure u ask for the set.

Sounds about right for price. And yes, many people forget it gears, there are two required to change the 6th gear ratio.

:)

i like.. :spiteful:

lets hope ur stivo gets back on the road asap.

kevin

ta Kev hopefully this weekend coming up.. no real rush i got commo ss.. way diff from the rolla lol... fuel too ah :(

there really isnt anything i can do to it now just waiting on the box...

does any1 have any cheap mod ideas to do while shes in this state?

Get the ported headers from terryfying .... should have ample space to work with since the gearbox is out ....

its for pre Mar/03..

Whats the total bill so far ?

How much was the clutch ?

My clutch release position is fairly high , eventually i will need a clutch job too (my car will need , not me)..

Will be handy to know what its costing everyone atm..

I think i will takes Bill advise and order those MWR ARP Bolt Set..Much cheaper ..

Get the ported headers from terryfying .... should have ample space to work with since the gearbox is out ....

its for pre Mar/03..

Whats the total bill so far ?

How much was the clutch ?

My clutch release position is fairly high , eventually i will need a clutch job too (my car will need , not me)..

Will be handy to know what its costing everyone atm..

I think i will takes Bill advise and order those MWR ARP Bolt Set..Much cheaper ..

so far it's costed me over $2,000...

Gearbox

celica 6th gear from mrw (360)

clutch kit (400) exedy hd

flywheel machined (65)

flywheel bolts (97.70) genuine

engine mount (75) non gen

water pump (75) non gen

coolant (free) genuine

gearbox oil ( 30/L )

polished cai (free) lol

yes getting any work done on the sportivo can get a bit expensive given not a lot of people have a lot of experience with them aswell as the lack of availability of parts.

what else have u got left to do ? and when will u have it back on the road ?

yes getting any work done on the sportivo can get a bit expensive given not a lot of people have a lot of experience with them aswell as the lack of availability of parts.

just waiting on my 6th gear from mwr.. Got another box and it's apart now, ready for the new 6th gear to go in.. They sent it yesterday express ups American express..

just waiting on my 6th gear from mwr.. Got another box and it's apart now, ready for the new 6th gear to go in.. They sent it yesterday express ups American express..

That's pretty quick :rolleyes:

That's pretty quick :rolleyes:

lol, ups tracker says my gear is in mascot Australia yay lol