Kluger underbody protection

idisc

Hi,

As I'm looking to get the Altitude, I was comparing its specs with the KX-R on the toyota webpage.

I noticed that the KX-R has Underbody protection for the engine and transfer case where as the Altitude doesn't.

What does this underbody protection? is it merely some plastic shielding? or is it some proper bash plates for offroading?

I will probably be adding front and rear sensors; are there any other accessories you guys recommend? How much are the side steps worth?

Chris

Hi there,

I have the front sensors, but I think they are not working properly. I'll have them check soon. Since I believe they are malfunctioning, I hardly use them, and there have been very few times when I needed them.

I also have side steps and nudge bar. I think they give the Kluger a better look.

Good luck with your hunt

- Calichin

^ No bash plates mate, its just a hell of a lot of worthless plastic! I took all of the rubbish off mine the 1week I had it and my fuel economy is excellent and the car does not look like its worth 20 cents with all of that garbage clipped onto the bottom of it :)

*fair bit of work taking it all off, but its worth it for cosmetic reasons alone*

I'd recommend the steps if you have kids....handy extra step for them. I bought the toyota ones around $800 or so. other thing i thought was handy is the rubber boot mat protector for cargo area.

Other things i got were, mudflaps,headlight bonnet guards,floor mats & towbar.

Happy hunting :clap:

Yep. I'm considering getting the side steps + tow bar, I also noticed the rear cargo plastic rubber mat.

Still searching for an AWD Altitude. The price seems to be *just* out of reach for me right now. If I can find a good deal I will buy it. :)

+1 for cargo mat. That thing is great, must have for any owner who is going to use the back of the car to carry stuff.

Agree - the cargo mat is definitely the best value for money accessory - couldn't live without it.

Agree with the cargo mat, it is realy good at keeping the back clean. You'll need to take it out if you use the 3rd row of seats, but that is a small price to pay. I'd also get some deep dish rubber mud mats for the front. They fit reasonably well and contain a 95% of the debris that normally ends up in the foot well. You will need to trip the corner off under the accelerator otherwise it limits the depth of travel. Only issue with these is that they cover the fuel cap release valve, but it is easy enough to get to for the one time a week I use it. As for the 2nd and 3rd rows, SCA sell a full width generic rubber floor mat that can be trimmed down to size and keeps the back clean.

Tow hitch is good if you are remotely likely to ever tow anything. I've used it a couple of times to borrow a trailer to take stuff to the dump, and also use the courtesy trailer from Bunnings.

I also have a cargo barrier as we like to load up the back when we go away. It makes me feel a little bit safer knowing that there is something stopping everything hurtling through the cabin if we get into a serious accident. Only downside is it needs to be removed when using the 3rd row, and the cargo blind can't be used with it, but then it's pretty hard to see in the back anyway with the privacy glass. My missus finds it a little distracting when she's driving (Which is very rare) but I don't notice it.

I have kids and don't have side steps. I find they get in and out ok. They both complain about it from time to time, but otherwise it's something that we happily live without.

the cargo mat, mud guards, car mats is a must have, I got it thrown in from the dealer as part of the negotiations, I had a hayman reece tow bar put after market as the dealer were asking too much for it, save 3-400 bucks.I also had the front windows tinted for $120 after market.

Hi Guys,

I ended placing a deposit on an AWD Altitude today :lol:

I added Mats, cargo mat, reverse sensor and tow bar (had to pay for these). The budget didn't stretch to the side steps and nudge bar, although I really wanted those.

Can't wait to pick it up!