Playing the Evil Doctor

Can anyone help me please? I have got a 1994 Vienta V6 that has not been moved or started for at least two years, I want to get it going for my daughters first car. I intend on draining fuel and oil before I start it up and also wanted to put some oil in the cylinders if that is possible prior to turning the motor over, is it possibl to put oil in the cyl's? I can't see no spark plugs at a quick glance.

Can anyone give me an idea if I am going about it the right way? If not, how about some advice on what (and what not) to do.

1) It doesn't sound like you're mechanically minded or that your know much about Cars.

2) Where have you garaged the car? If it hasn't been driven for over 2 years, its going to need much more care than just getting the engine started.

3) My advise is, get the car towed to a Licensed Mechanic and get them to service the whole car, brakes and all and ensure the car is roadworthy and safe.

4) Your daughter's life is at stake so don't play the home mechanic if you have no clue (or don't pretend you have clue when you don't)

Thats my advice

Can anyone help me please? I have got a 1994 Vienta V6 that has not been moved or started for at least two years, I want to get it going for my daughters first car. I intend on draining fuel and oil before I start it up and also wanted to put some oil in the cylinders if that is possible prior to turning the motor over, is it possibl to put oil in the cyl's? I can't see no spark plugs at a quick glance.

Can anyone give me an idea if I am going about it the right way? If not, how about some advice on what (and what not) to do.

Edited by e240

Dude, do I look like I have idiot stamped on my forehead, I am aware of the tendency of components to fail, I want to turn the engine over and ensure it is not seized before paying big bucks on a car that might be better scrapped for parts. That's all, no I am not a mechanic and yes I do know about cars, my technology knowledge belongs back with EH's and EK's.

Be kind to others who seek your wisdom don't downgrade others who seek knowledge from those who share and don't treat it as a power.

1) It doesn't sound like you're mechanically minded or that your know much about Cars.

2) Where have you garaged the car? If it hasn't been driven for over 2 years, its going to need much more care than just getting the engine started.

3) My advise is, get the car towed to a Licensed Mechanic and get them to service the whole car, brakes and all and ensure the car is roadworthy and safe.

4) Your daughter's life is at stake so don't play the home mechanic if you have no clue (or don't pretend you have clue when you don't)

Thats my advice

Dude, have I got idiot stamped on my forehead? I asked specific information for a specific purpose.

Where the car has been garaged has nothing to with it as it is afact that sealss will be affected etc

Edited by Cooksta

Dude, do I look like I have idiot stamped on my forehead, I am aware of the tendency of components to fail, I want to turn the engine over and ensure it is not seized before paying big bucks on a car that might be better scrapped for parts. That's all, no I am not a mechanic and yes I do know about cars, my technology knowledge belongs back with EH's and EK's.

Be kind to others who seek your wisdom don't downgrade others who seek knowledge from those who share and don't treat it as a power.

To be honest, your initial post did come across like you had little mechanical knowledge... I am not trying to belittle you, just saying it how I see it... but seemingly that isn't the case.

With that said here is my advice.

I *highly* doubt a 3VZFE (i think) that was running perfectly would seize after sitting for two years, so putting oil/penetrating lubricant in the cylinders would be un-necessary... Providing it has not been sitting with the head(s) off or anything like that...

I would drain the now stale fuel, oil, coolant, etc and replace with new fluids and then attempt to start it... With a nice charged battery this should not be a problem.

If it starts/runs/drives with no issues (might blow a bit of smoke at first, esp if the value stem seals aren't brilliant) then I would do a complete service and a thorough check... brakes, belts, hoses, etc (or have one done by a mechanic)

To be honest, your initial post did come across like you had little mechanical knowledge... I am not trying to belittle you, just saying it how I see it... but seemingly that isn't the case.

With that said here is my advice.

I *highly* doubt a 3VZFE (i think) that was running perfectly would seize after sitting for two years, so putting oil/penetrating lubricant in the cylinders would be un-necessary... Providing it has not been sitting with the head(s) off or anything like that...

I would drain the now stale fuel, oil, coolant, etc and replace with new fluids and then attempt to start it... With a nice charged battery this should not be a problem.

If it starts/runs/drives with no issues (might blow a bit of smoke at first, esp if the value stem seals aren't brilliant) then I would do a complete service and a thorough check... brakes, belts, hoses, etc (or have one done by a mechanic)

Thanks, I had not even thought of the coolant, will that have affected any alloy parts if it has been sitting so long? I will take your advice and hopefully it will go alright, then I will put in to a mechanic to check over all of it. Much appreciated

Brake and power steering fluid will be another crucial thing once it's been started. Replace absolutely EVERY fluid. I had a massive reply typed out the other day but i must not have hit post, but most of it has been covered already, belts, hoses etc.