[qld] 08 Yaris YR Front Bar

oodee

My car was reversed into in a carpark on the weekend and I now have a hole in my front bumper bar from what looks to be a tow ball and tow ball tongue.

I've contacted my insurance company (AAMI) and since I don’t have the details of the person at fault I have to pay the excess ($500)

Anyone know any good repairers in Brisbane that I could get a quote from that might be able to replace and paint for less than $500?? Or know where I might find a cheap 08 (pre-facelift) front bar in "Silver Lining", or actually, any colour will do if it's cheap enough.

Thanks

Dee

Edited by HDACHE

My car was reversed into in a carpark on the weekend and I now have a hole in my front bumper bar from what looks to be a tow ball and tow ball tongue.

I've contacted my insurance company (AAMI) and since I don’t have the details of the person at fault I have to pay the excess ($500)

Anyone know any good repairers in Brisbane that I could get a quote from that might be able to replace and paint for less than $500?? Or know where I might find a cheap 08 (pre-facelift) front bar in "Silver Lining", or actually, any colour will do if it's cheap enough.

Thanks

Dee

the front bar from toyota is $300ish unpainted or you can pick up a copy front bar from carmate for $128... i quoted one when i axed my yaris on nebo :P

^ which adds up you might as well pay for the excess and let them take care of the rest unless you gonna drop from you Rating 1... :P

happened to me last year as well when i was inattentively drove into a Pulser tow ball doing 20km/hr... (i gotta blame myself for letting that happen...) but saved the $500 bucks when some Impreze clipped my front bumper and the whole thing was replaced except for the front bar was bent back in place... :P

What did you end up doind Mick? Genuine bar?

^ which adds up you might as well pay for the excess and let them take care of the rest unless you gonna drop from you Rating 1... :P

It wont affect my rating, but te excess is $500 instead of $350 and we are saving for our wedding, so its not a good time to be handing out money :(

What did you end up doind Mick? Genuine bar?

It wont affect my rating, but te excess is $500 instead of $350 and we are saving for our wedding, so its not a good time to be handing out money :(

I havn't done sh*t yet, I am planning to get a body kit for it, but thats the expensive option.

I would be hitting toyota up for pricing, I know u can also get pre-painted ones. not sure on price though.

The front bar is EASY to change.

I havn't done sh*t yet, I am planning to get a body kit for it, but thats the expensive option.

I would be hitting toyota up for pricing, I know u can also get pre-painted ones. not sure on price though.

The front bar is EASY to change.

Torque toyota said 450 unpainted.

Will check with Sci Fleet when i get my service next weekend

Edited by HDACHE

Badluck :( Hate when people dont own up to things & youve to cop the bill.

Being that so many of these get written off id be trawling any half decent wrecker around the traps, or ebay always people advertising pranged cars for scrap parts on there.

• 4 months later...