Newbie with Question

kinezz

Lexus or Celica  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi my names Eric,

i'm new to this forums and currently drive a 1999 MR Mitsubishi Lancer. I'm hoping in the distant future in purchasing a 2000+ model celica or even a lexus is200. i was wondering out of the two which one u reckon is better. Its kinda hard to judge because both cars are from different classes.

I'd prob most likely choose the celica because of its performance

It just depends on what you need or want to do with it.

The Celica is a two door and I can tell you first hand passengers will not want to be in that back seat for more than 10 minutes. On the other hand with its 2zz motor it's a nice drive and corners nicely.

The IS200 will carry 4 in comfort, still handles well for a sedan, but not quite up to BMW standard. It probably has a few more bells and whistles than the Celica. The performance from it's 2.0 is smooth but it could do with more poke.

Choices Choices

Just test drive both and see what you like best.

personally i wouldn go either as i dont really like either cars, i'd prefer a BMW Z4 if im gonna go for something new and expensive, but if i had my choice, i'd be getting either a s15 or an aero top TT supra over the celica or lexus.... but anywayz, i say go the lexus as there are a fair few of the celicas around the place now.. be unique!!

sorry i also forgot to mention that if i were to get a lexus it would be 2nd hand. There's no way i'd afford a new one but the celica i can get new. I think i'd stick to NA coz i doubt its less hassles.