17 on Yaris YRX Hatch

EC11WA

Looking at some Lenso 17" x 7 rims to put on the wifes Yaris. See link below.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1176

Firstly, will they fit and secondly, what offset is needed to make sure they sit in the guard.

I am also looking at putting the same rims on my TRD Aurion in 19 x 8.5.....

Looking at some Lenso 17" x 7 rims to put on the wifes Yaris. See link below.

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1176

Firstly, will they fit and secondly, what offset is needed to make sure they sit in the guard.

I am also looking at putting the same rims on my TRD Aurion in 19 x 8.5.....

personally, I would run 16s at the most on a yaris, espicially if they are heavy.

That said, if you wanted to run 17x7s I would say somewhere between 35 and 45 would be safe... but it depends what sort of look you want too, and if you are lowering it.

here is a good offset calculator.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

16's would have been sweet but they only come in a 17 x 7.....

For some reason i love the styling of this rim......car will eventually sit lower but not at this stage.....its only my wifes daily which i normally driver to work whilst she looks after the bub.

I am going for the same rim on my TRD Aurion.

Lets hope it looks the goods.

Has anyone put 17's on a yaris before........i just hope they don't look too big and out of place.

For some reason i love the styling of this rim......car will eventually sit lower but not at this stage.....its only my wifes daily which i normally driver to work whilst she looks after the bub.

Has anyone put 17's on a yaris before........i just hope they don't look too big and out of place.

a member on here ruimond has 17's afaik.

also check this thread on YW

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10477

a member on here ruimond has 17's afaik.

also check this thread on YW

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10477

i am using the 17" on my yaris! its definitely reduce the accelration of the car! on the other hand, the 17" rims look really good on a yaris though!

post-19896-128021757608_thumb.jpg

I can do fast corner iwth my 17s... :D

thats with standard suspension too, i didnt check what Lenso you are getting but mine is in my 'sig' the rim including tyre is much more lighter than the standard steel combo...

Yeah i've got 17's on mine as mick said. Not sure what offset, think their +40 or +42. Though you can get away with lower offset in the rear as the wheels sits in the guard more at the rear. I have some 12mm rear hub spacers too. So effiectivly running +30 offset rear. Wouldn't run it at that offset at the front though, think it would poke out abit. Haha.

Those rims look nice. Work CR Kai style. I would personally go with 15 or 16 so you get more tyre sidewall to make the car more comfortable for everyday driving. As for offset, anything around 38+ is ok.

I've been through 17s and 16s but swapped back down to stock wheels due to comfort. I do have coilovers.

Always loved the wide wheels with stretched tyre look.

33lam - How are the Lenso superlights....they look nice on your car.....what sort of package did you get and from where...

Ruimond - What spacers are you running and where di you get them from for the rear. Car has a nice ride height.

Lunjiaow - Where can i get Work CR Kai from in Australia.....and what Coilovers are you running.....car looks tight with that stance.....

price range for coilovers would be nice if anyone can provide it. OR springs if thats what you have.

Cheers guys.....

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1156

Ok, so i have decided on the above wheel for the wifes yaris.

Black or white? What do people think.

Can anyone photoshop the rims for me on a black yaris YRX hatch in both black and white...

much appreciated....

Edited by EC11WA

Ruimond - What spacers are you running and where di you get them from for the rear. Car has a nice ride height.

Cheers guys.....

You can get the hub spacers from 1NZYaris1 member from new zealand he's on yarisworld and microimage forums. Cost about $50-60, they install between your brake drums and hub. Not on the wheel stud area.

Their pretty much the same design as the Penguin Garage ones.

Cheers

My girlfriend has 17's on her YRX +40 offset with 10 hubspacers

Oh look its Jason....Haha long time no see. Whats been happening with the Yaris? :lol: