Simota intake kit

007yaris

Hi,

Just want to share with Yaris owner that I have recently bought the car and I am going to replace the factory OEM airbox with a kit that i just bought from the guys at simota.com.au (part number SIM-T023-POL). The intake kit comes with the piping doesnt come with an air fitler. I was told that it requires a 70mm neck filter. So I'm just wondering what are the filter options are out there. If any owner here has them, please let me know your thoughts.....

Seeing that there isnt much aftermkt parts in Australia, if anyone is interested in the intake give Robert (in Melbourne) a call and tell him T2 sent you...

Cheers

T2

Hi,

Just want to share with Yaris owner that I have recently bought the car and I am going to replace the factory OEM airbox with a kit that i just bought from the guys at simota.com.au (part number SIM-T023-POL). The intake kit comes with the piping doesnt come with an air fitler. I was told that it requires a 70mm neck filter. So I'm just wondering what are the filter options are out there. If any owner here has them, please let me know your thoughts.....

Seeing that there isnt much aftermkt parts in Australia, if anyone is interested in the intake give Robert (in Melbourne) a call and tell him T2 sent you...

Cheers

T2

Hey Man,

I would recomend a K&N filter... I have run them on both my cars with success.. so have alot of the other guys.

You can get them from ebay or from places like autobarn.

Thanks Mick, for the info.

I ended up purchasing 3A Racing filter.I was told they scored the highest during test between some Japanese/US named brand.

(http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTML/01_AirFilters&Kits/01h2_3A_Racing_UltimateAirFilterShootOut.htm)

A friend of mine who drives a Honda reckoned it is the best bang for buck filter....so I took his words.

Anyway, the kit is a short ram intake pipe. I love to drive so much more now....lol...

Cheers

T2

• 1 month later...

This thread is just what i was looking for.

My other half just got a simota sri for his civic and LOVES it (brissy tocau ppl can agree). So can you please post a pic? I wanna see where it fits in the engine bay.

Do you have the 1.3 or 1.5. If 1.5, i'm assuming it would be the same for the 1.3? Yes?