Two, three questions.

The Aurion does a poor job at blocking fume smells from the outside when the A/C system is on fresh so 80% I have to leave it on recirculation and this is really bad because windows fog up when the heater is hot and it's really cold outside.

I heard that there are some special air filters you can buy I think it's like carbon something? And these block out the bad smells somehow or trap them.

Is there something like this I can buy to replace the current A/C filter?

And, one thing I dislike what Toyota have done is put front SIDE parking sensors but not front front. If I were to buy two sensors and install them just like the rear which have two back and two side, would this work?

It's a carbon activated cabin filter but i haven't seen one for the current Aurion/Camry models. Only the previous Camry models. You can try contacting Ryco directly and see if they have one.

From memory the carbon filters do not block out smells completely. Only a small amount.

Don't know why you need parking sensors. Only bad drivers need them :P :P :P

My Aurion is pretty well 'sealed' against most strong odours when the air mix is set to 'fresh'. The occasional truck etc can put some bad smells into the cabin, but this isn't too often.

Maybe it's just your crappy Melbourne air :lol:

Then again, I drive with my windows down 95% of the time, so I can only really comment for the other 5%.

On topic though, as mentioned it is an activated carbon filter. They won't block everything, but can make a difference depending on the severity of what it is blocking.

As for the front parking sensors, there is nothing stopping you from wiring up another couple for the very front of the car, but you won't be able to integrate it into the existing system. It will either have to replace the front side ones, or be an additional system. But really... you can't judge distance at the front?

My Aurion is pretty well 'sealed' against most strong odours when the air mix is set to 'fresh'. The occasional truck etc can put some bad smells into the cabin, but this isn't too often.

Maybe it's just your crappy Melbourne air :lol:

Then again, I drive with my windows down 95% of the time, so I can only really comment for the other 5%.

On topic though, as mentioned it is an activated carbon filter. They won't block everything, but can make a difference depending on the severity of what it is blocking.

As for the front parking sensors, there is nothing stopping you from wiring up another couple for the very front of the car, but you won't be able to integrate it into the existing system. It will either have to replace the front side ones, or be an additional system. But really... you can't judge distance at the front?

Thanks for the information. Yes it is Melbourne's crappy air and I ain't joking. Today I was walking to my gym and I took notice of the smell of the air and it was disgusting. Just filled with fume smells. As I was getting closer to gym there was no traffic at all while I was crossing the road and the air was still bad! lol.

So is there an activated carbon filter you know of for the Aurion? Google doesn't say much.

Also the parking sensors. It's annoying to see that it can't be put into the existing system but at least there is spare empty slots to put the second button next to the existing parking sensor button. Well Mercede's and BMW's and the like all have front front parking sensors. Why can't mine :P

Edit: I think the number plate holder will annoy the sensors. <_<

Edited by unique

Don't know why you need parking sensors. Only bad drivers need them :P :P :P

LOL. I guess DJKOR is the worst driver in the world then. Having gone through the trouble of installing a camera and also has parking sensors :P

But seriously, for a car that is big like the Aurion, these parking sensors have saved my butt heaps of times literally.

LOL. I guess DJKOR is the worst driver in the world then. Having gone through the trouble of installing a camera and also has parking sensors :P

It's there so I don't reverse into the Ferrari at La Dolce Vita :P I can still see what's in front of my car though. Looking out the back of the car and gauging distance is not as simple as looking out your windscreen.

I didn't install the parking sensors as well :P.

Did some more searching and i couldn't find a single carbon filter for the aurion. Ryco only has the standard filter.

Otherwise, if you can source some FRAM filters from the States, this would be the one you would be looking for:

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetailWindow.aspx?b=F&pn=CF10285

Edit: BTW, that second filter you linked to for the previous model Camry will not fit the Aurion.

Did some more searching and i couldn't find a single carbon filter for the aurion. Ryco only has the standard filter.

Otherwise, if you can source some FRAM filters from the States, this would be the one you would be looking for:

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetailWindow.aspx?b=F&pn=CF10285

Edit: BTW, that second filter you linked to for the previous model Camry will not fit the Aurion.

I know it's for the previous camry but it may fit depending on the dimensions

I know it's for the previous camry but it may fit depending on the dimensions

I wouldn't have said that without reason. It is 2.3cm wider and 0.7cm longer than the Aurion filter. In other words, it won't fit in the Aurion filter housing.