2010 rav4 spare tyre

matt486

Hi there, my mum recently had her spare tyre knocked off while it was parked in the driveway. It had one of those wheel nut locks which come standard on the 2010 model cruiser but they do f@&k all, one hit with a hammer and it falls off. Anyway she has given me the job to track down a new spare for her, does anyone know anyplace in Sydney where i might be able to get a cheap replacment or does anyone have one for sale? We were lucky the didn't take the cover but for some reason when they took it off they placed the cover on the grass in my front yard. They were lucky i had a few too many beers that night and was fast asleep otherwise they would of copped it with a golf club lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there, my mum recently had her spare tyre knocked off while it was parked in the driveway. It had one of those wheel nut locks which come standard on the 2010 model cruiser but they do f@&k all, one hit with a hammer and it falls off. Anyway she has given me the job to track down a new spare for her, does anyone know anyplace in Sydney where i might be able to get a cheap replacment or does anyone have one for sale? We were lucky the didn't take the cover but for some reason when they took it off they placed the cover on the grass in my front yard. They were lucky i had a few too many beers that night and was fast asleep otherwise they would of copped it with a golf club lol. Any help would be much appreciated.

you can either use 225/65R17 or 235/65R17 tyres. Price is around $275-$380 depending what tyre and size you are getting. BFYB is Yokohama Parada Spec X at 225/65R17. It's currently $294 from Bob Jane and it has very good performance.

you can either use 225/65R17 or 235/65R17 tyres. Price is around $275-$380 depending what tyre and size you are getting. BFYB is Yokohama Parada Spec X at 225/65R17. It's currently $294 from Bob Jane and it has very good performance.

It would appear that they have stolen the wheel as well as the tire. I think matt486 is also after direction on where he can find a replacement wheel for cheap as well.

To help others out here with your search Matt, are you after the same wheel replacement, or any alternative wheel will do. Former is good if you plan on including the spare in the rotation, latter is good if you only plan to use the spare in an emergency. If you go for the latter, there is no need to go extravagant on the tire type. Even a near new 2nd hand tire would suit.

Yea im only after a second hand replacment that will be used when there is a flat, doesnt have the have the same rim only want something that is same size stud pattern and tyre. But everywhere i look is over the $350 mark. What year rav4 will fit the 2010 model.

Tried looking on ebay? Any car rim/tyre from 2007-2010 will be fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2007-Toyota-Rav4-alloys-cruiser-wheel-/200520211492?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eafef9c24

there's a few more but most of them are overpriced.