12volt lighter being moved to glovebox

wilbur94

hi guys,

i was wondering if i could possibly move the 12volt power source to the glove box (the one im talking about is under the satnav scree in front of gear select) because when im on the go i would be charging my phone and id put it on the glovebox anyway why im saying this is so i dont have to look at in while im driving haha and so theres no leads running all over the interior

any ideas???

Simple. Buy any one of the following, and wire it in parallel with the 12v power outlet. Instructions on how to access it can be found in the FAQ's for removing the head unit.

Car Cigarette Lighter Socket with Lid

Under Dash Cigarette Lighter Socket - Protective Cap

CIGARETTE LIGHTER INLine Socket

i was thinking more along the lines of moving it completely and having it come through the side of the glovebox or would that be more of a pain the just rewiring it

1) The socket itself is moulded into the ashtray compartment and removing it will make it become a bit of a mess.

2) You will still need to run separate wires for it because the current ones for it are loomed with all the other wires for various other things and it would be easier to run new cable instead of removing all the cable loom and re-running the existing wiring.

ok thanks again your way is easier i thought i would have been a case of just undoing a few screws holding the socket moving a drilling but no sounds of it ill be doing it the way youve said thanks again