Front rotor won't come off

dezzymun

As per title, im in the middle of changing my rotors and the front right wont come off!

Does anyone know how or why this is happening?

I've taken off all the bolts to take off the brake bracket and it still won't budge.. Its meant to just slip straight off...

As per title, im in the middle of changing my rotors and the front right wont come off!

I've taken off all the bolts to take off the brake bracket and it still won't budge..

It's called rust. It forms a pretty strong bond and makes it nice and difficult to remove. Have a look around your rotor for a threaded hole. You should have a couple of them. Insert a bolt of the appropriate size into both of them and tighten each one a little bit at a time until the rotor comes off.

If you don't happen to have those threaded holes... I'm sorry but, hahahaha.

Its meant to just slip straight off...

LOL, you wish. They don't always come off easy.

I've taken off all the bolts to take off the brake bracket and it still won't budge.. Its meant to just slip straight off...

rust

spray wd40 and let it sit for a few mins, get a hammer and hit the centre of the rotor, side of the hub. or pry it off

rust

spray wd40 and let it sit for a few mins, get a hammer and hit the centre of the rotor, side of the hub. or pry it off

This does not always work, as DJKOR will attest to. We tried even using yeild (bullshit powerful penetrating spray) and it didnt work.

The threaded holes are the BEST (and pretty much only) option.

This does not always work, as DJKOR will attest to. We tried even using yeild (bullshit powerful penetrating spray) and it didnt work.

To this day, I am still annoyed that I couldn't get those rotors. At least we tried.