Broken floor mat clips

Electrician

Hi Guys.

I cant seem to find a sketch or photo of the Aurion floor mat clip setup. Does anyone have one please? Our Toyota dealer sold me a packet with two clips but nothing else. On inspecting the old one it looks like it should have collars under and over the carpet that the clips are fitted through.

Does the carpet have to removed to fit them?

Cheers Tom

Edited by Electrician

Hi Tom,

on the driver’s side there should be two little eye holes already in the floor carpet, just push one end of the clip in each of the hole and then into the floor mat, if you have lots one of the clips you can buy replacement ones for a couple bucks from your local Toyota dealer :)

Note there is only this locking system on the driver’s side, was put in place to stop the mats riding up and fowling the accelerator pedal.

Hi Tom,

on the drivers side there should be two little eye holes already in the floor carpet, just push one end of the clip in each of the hole and then into the floor mat, if you have lots one of the clips you can buy replacement ones for a couple bucks from your local Toyota dealer :)

Note there is only this locking system on the drivers side, was put in place to stop the mats riding up and fowling the accelerator pedal.

Thanks for the reply Adamsy.

The two "plastic grommets?" that fitted through the carpet, that are supposed to hold the clips were broken off. Not real good on a car only 14 months old. This left only the two bare holes in the carpet. I have just come back from our Toyota dealer. They didn't have a listing for replacement grommets. The good news is there is an after market kit which they have ordered for me. (at about $7 each X 3 ((1 spare))

Cheers Tom

Edited by Electrician

Hi Tom,

on the drivers side there should be two little eye holes already in the floor carpet, just push one end of the clip in each of the hole and then into the floor mat, if you have lots one of the clips you can buy replacement ones for a couple bucks from your local Toyota dealer :)

Note there is only this locking system on the drivers side, was put in place to stop the mats riding up and fowling the accelerator pedal.

The two "plastic grommets?" that fitted through the carpet, that are supposed to hold the clips were broken off. Not real good on a car only 14 months old. This left only the two bare holes in the carpet. I have just come back from our Toyota dealer. They didn't have a listing for replacement grommets. The good news is there is an after market kit which they have ordered for me. (at about $7 each X 3 ((1 spare))

Cheers Tom

No worries Tom, Happy to help.

mmm not sure why they struggled to find it, i found it in under a minute lol.

The carpet eyelet kit's P/N is 58510-FFDAB $6.50 each RRP

The Floor Mat Clip P/N is 00206-00801 $1.65 each RRP

Edited by Adamsy

Hi Tom,

on the driver’s side there should be two little eye holes already in the floor carpet, just push one end of the clip in each of the hole and then into the floor mat, if you have lots one of the clips you can buy replacement ones for a couple bucks from your local Toyota dealer :)

Note there is only this locking system on the driver’s side, was put in place to stop the mats riding up and fowling the accelerator pedal.

Cheers Tom

Wouldn't believe. I'm STILL waiting for the carpet eyelets. Thats over a week now. They must be getting them from Mars ;-(

Hi Tom,

Cheers Tom

Wouldn't believe. I'm STILL waiting for the carpet eyelets. Thats over a week now. They must be getting them from Mars ;-(

So guess you don't want to hear then that we keep them in stock ha :P

Hi Tom,

Cheers Tom

So guess you don't want to hear then that we keep them in stock ha :P

I'll remember that when I have to replace them again :yahoo: .

Got a call from our dealer just after I posted my whinge.

Buggers of things to fit. Actually had to drill the carpet hole out a little to get the eyelet through. The previous owner obviously had trouble with them as there was a little "glue" around the hole furtherest from the door. Looks like they just glued the top part of the eyelet on top of the carpet. Anyway, all sorted now.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Tom

Yeh, one of my eyelets broke trying to install clips for the first time. DOH! <_<

Putting the clips in was the easiest part for me Dale. The eylets on the other hand..... Someone suggested dropping the clips in a cup of hot water but I didn't have to do that. Maybe the new eyelets are more robust.

Good luck with it.

Cheers Tom