Presara GPS

hallett505

I thought I had a fault yesterday with the GPS as it was stuck in night mode, it was only after a while I noticed my wife had moved the light switch from Auto to On that I realised the Presara GPS night mode is based on the lights being turned on rather than the time of day like my old Navman. Thought I would mention it in case anyone else has the same thing happen.

Also, is there any way to show the car speed on the GPS in the Presara?

I thought I had a fault yesterday with the GPS as it was stuck in night mode, it was only after a while I noticed my wife had moved the light switch from Auto to On that I realised the Presara GPS night mode is based on the lights being turned on rather than the time of day like my old Navman. Thought I would mention it in case anyone else has the same thing happen.

LoL... Good for you. Just to let you know also, you can also change the background to orange / blue if you haven't notice. Or switch ur screen off if you dont want it on.

As far as I know, there's no way to turn show the car speed through the GPS. Why do you want that anw? There's a speed limiter / alarm in the clock too that is more useful than having the GPS showing pretty much the same thing as the speedo.

Doesn't it also use a combination of the lights and the ambient light sensor, same as the dash cluster?

Doesn't it also use a combination of the lights and the ambient light sensor, same as the dash cluster?

I would have thought so but I don't think it does as it was bright sunlight and it remained in night mode.