Pensioners...

Foss

...really sh!t me sometimes.

Is it just me or do pensioners have nothing better to do than complain and moan and write whinging letters to the local paper about how hard done by they are?

:angry:

/rant

My rant about pensioners is how they act like they should be treated with a much higher level of respect than anyone else. Sure enough I will treat them with respect... much like everyone else, but I personally don't think they deserve more than others.

Quite simply, everyone lives. You start young, you get old, you live with the fact that you are getting older. Nothing else to it. Everyone ages and when you do, you will be in the same boat as them.

Example from the other week when I was waiting in queue and a pensioner had just pushed past me thinking that I would just let them go ahead because they are older.

worst thread ever but i live next door to an elderly lady and she is an absolute dynamo at the age of 92 , walks to the shops , does the lawns with her mower and loves a good chat about what ever but she never complains about anything. Same as the "All p platers are ****ers" and all guys that drive falcodores are ****holes" type debates.

its just life guys. different people think that they can be more superior than others and that they deserve more respect. i see that its not a big deal, so i would just get over it.

Is it just me or do pensioners have nothing better to do than complain and moan and write whinging letters to the local paper about how hard done by they are?

/rant

You need to stipulate which pensioners: Age, Disabled, Carers, Widow and more. I myself am a full time Carer and receive a pension as only income and I'm in my mid 50's. However, from your scenario it sounds like your ranting against aged pensioners. Not all aged people are on a pension. Don't forget these people did it harder with jobs, living then the generations after including "baby boomer's" which I'm one.

These people worked hard to give their family every opportunity for their children and generations after to have better life and not go through what they did. But now they are back to where they were 60 or more years ago.

At least these people know how to write a letter.

Back in my day we really respected our elders.

Then I grew up and realised that a ******-off nanna is simultaneously the most dangerous AND the most annoying creature to ever walk the Earth. If I ever get sighted by the ol lady next door whilst I'm outside I know I'll be trapped hearing about something she doesn't like (ie everything) for the next 3 hours. It was a driving force behind me getting electric garage doors

/rant

You need to stipulate which pensioners: Age, Disabled, Carers, Widow and more. I myself am a full time Carer and receive a pension as only income and I'm in my mid 50's. However, from your scenario it sounds like your ranting against aged pensioners. Not all aged people are on a pension. Don't forget these people did it harder with jobs, living then the generations after including "baby boomer's" which I'm one.

These people worked hard to give their family every opportunity for their children and generations after to have better life and not go through what they did. But now they are back to where they were 60 or more years ago.

At least these people know how to write a letter.

Yeah, I'm talking about retirees. I know not all pensioners are bad, I know a few the don't complain, and in fact take the same stance as I against the other whinging old buggers.

My rant came about because last week there were more letters written to the paper by retiree pensioners about the fact that they don't recieve enough free money from the government. I've had the debate in person with a few retirees who complain to me about how much better off I am than them, and can't seem to grasp the fact that they own their home and cars (like they should by their age) and get discounts upon discounts on nearly everything, and by the time I pay rent and full price for my phone and hydro and what not plus my costs of getting to work, they are much better off than I.

Interestingly, when confronted with such a respose, they generally revert to DJKOR's point about their sense of entitlement because they are older.

Don't get me wrong, I love my nan, don't have a problem with pensioners in general, its just this sense of entitlement many seem to have that gets my goat.

I think this grouping should really just be changed to ungrateful people - so then we can lump in quite a lot of other types. The problem seems to be lately those few bad apples who spoil it for all by thinking (and voicing) that they are entitled to whatever they want by doing zilch. There are plenty of examples of this, and one of my pet hates is the fact that I would have earnt more money on the dole than I did working two part-time jobs to put myself through uni. And of course the argument that I get in response to that is the potential I have to earn lots of money now but its just not that kind of perfect world - I didn't walk out of uni into a $100,000 a year job.

I must admit though that I try to avoid the shops on Pension/Centrelink payment days simply because I know there will be those handful of 'ferals' lol