deformed window rubber

does anyone have problems with their window rubber?

i just had one window rubber replaced. when my car was serviced for this fault i saw a hatch in for service with window rubber problems too.

my car is not even 1 year old and it is garaged yet the window rubber has detoriated and deformed. i spoke with the customer of the hatch and his key problem was noise.

my collection of warranty invoices is growing!

rollin please take your car for service and have the faulty windows seals replaced.

you need to leave your car as the mechanic needs to take your door off the car to loop the new window seal onto your window/door frame.

while your car is in for service you could also ask for a shocks test.

the new window seal i have is great but only time will tell if this is due to it being brand new or manufactured with high quality materials.

i hope it lasts longer than the stock window seal i had for just 6 months. if it does then i know that the window seals manufactured in south africa are from low grade materials which wear and tear very quickly.

i do not want my doors unbolted from my car every 6 months just to change faulty window seals!

lol... I work in Sydney at Chatswood Toyota...

You are all welcome to come to me, you just gotta pay the $80 an hour labour...

I don't know of any Toyota dealers in Melbourne at all so go to any of them...

I've been working there for 3 years now... Starting to know a bit...

Rolla Boy: I work in Chatswood and walk past Toyota everyday. I might take my car there and bug u one day to check it out.

It doesn't change gears in lift zone. Have u had anyone come to u with that prob?

<_<

Also my power windows on the driver side won't go up and down anymore. Some people says it needs to be reset and some says the module needs to be changed. What do u think?

My work is actually in Artarmon :P :P :P ... The dealer is in Chatswood and the Service Workshop is in Artarmon...

Where do you work???

I haven't seen any lift problems at all... And with the power windows, not too sure until it's looked at... I could guess and say the switch might be f**ked, or wires might be disconnected or something...

hi guys,

my rubber on the driver side in the top corner of the door is starting to melt and stretch away also my car is garaged @ home and i drive to work which is also in chatswood :P and its garaged @ work as well so im trying 2 work out is the rubber that crap that it melts in the whole 2 hrs its spends in the sun. 1hr on the way 2 work n 1 hr on the way bak and both times its wen the sun is at its least affect. Geez id hate to see wat happens if it was on da street all day <_< <_< <_< anyway is this sumthing that can be fixed under warranty or do i get the toyota run around AGAIN of the fact that its a "characteristic" of the car :angry:

hey rolla boy have they found a solution to that supposed "gear selector cable" problem YET as i got my muffler on my car and i can still hear those baby's rattle occasionaly :angry: <_< :angry: <_< bloody characteristic.........

Xoom, any defect that is not caused by the owner will be replaced under warranty... Window rubbers get replaced all the time on the new Corollas... It's just one of those ******ups they have... Like the coolant overflow bottles aswell leak, they are also replaced under warranty... Also the rear boot trims can be replaced as some don't fit properly around the rear lights... They kinda stick out instead of sitting flush in line with the boot rubber seal...

And I know nothing about the gear selector problem... I havn't seen a car at work with that problem at all...

The doors aren't removed from the car dude... We just unbolt the check strap and yeah, the rubber goes around that and on the door... Easy as...

thank you for the information!

OK if not Melb..where in Melb can U recomend pls...???

for melbourne dealers please do not purchase anything or have your car serviced with any LANE dealers. they are expensive (even with their customer loyalty card and haggling), unreliable, messy, poorly trained and never renovated their showrooms or workshops. if they were the only dealer left in melbourne i would drive to sydney for a new dealer.

australia's largest dealer is brighton toyota. they are large but they are also friendly, well trained, efficient and on time. when i was locally shopping for the sportivo sports grill from toyota genuine parts brighton toyota was the only dealer with a LIST price under their competitors stated COST price (no haggling was needed).

if you have electronic problems with your car please take it in for a service at brighton toyota. their diagnostic technician is very very good.

with small dealers my wait for service has been 15-45 minutes and surprisingly with australia's largest dealer every time i have been there my wait for service was under 3 minutes! if you need first class customer service please try brighton toyota.