Aurion Head Unit installation in Melbourne

sPike333

Hi guys,

I'm a new Aurion owner as well as new to this forum. From the topics that you guys discuss, many owners out there install that Auspack head unit that has all-in-1 functions. It looks really awesome and just wonder can any of you guys can direct me to a trustable service shop in Melbourne that has the head units and can fix it up for a reasonable price. The installation looks complicated, would this void my car warranty?

What kinda of price am I looking at inclusive of installation?

By the way seems like there are a few different kinds of similar head unit on ebay, which one is considered the best unit? (Auspack?)

Thanks guys, really apprecitate your assistance!!

Edited by sPike333

Hi,first post here..lol

i sent an email to Toyota Australia a while back and this is what they reply me:

Thanks for contacting Toyota in search of clarity on the issue of vehicle modifications. We appreciate the opportunity to outline the details of our warranty conditions for you.

If a vehicle is modified, the Toyota new vehicle warranty will continue to apply to the original components of the vehicle, providing they have not been altered from the manufacturer’s specification or impacted by the modification(s).

The Toyota New Vehicle Warranty will continue to apply if your vehicle is fitted with Toyota Genuine Parts and Accessories. However, any damage resulting from non-genuine modifications will not be covered.

Edited by WTFZR6

Hi guys,

I'm a new Aurion owner as well as new to this forum. From the topics that you guys discuss, many owners out there install that Auspack head unit that has all-in-1 functions. It looks really awesome and just wonder can any of you guys can direct me to a trustable service shop in Melbourne that has the head units and can fix it up for a reasonable price. The installation looks complicated, would this void my car warranty?

What kinda of price am I looking at inclusive of installation?

By the way seems like there are a few different kinds of similar head unit on ebay, which one is considered the best unit? (Auspack?)

Thanks guys, really apprecitate your assistance!!

I installed the head unit sold by autome305 on ebay after following the instructions posted here by members of this forum. It is here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-CAR-DVD-GPS-fit-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-2007-2010-/320611146010?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa5e9d91a. I installed the rear view camera, but that stopped working (I think I broke it, I told autome305 and he said to send it back. I have done so a week ago, and am waiting a replacement). I did the installation of the head unit first go, without damage to the car, and I am a complete noob when it comes to car electronics/audio/etc. The head unit has worked perfectly. I live in Melbourne near footscray, if you want a look, let me know and I'll show you the system, we can chat about how to install it. I can show you how I installed the rear view camera too.

Did it myself thanks to DJKOR's instruction - make sure you've got a socket set and a 6in extension and its an easy job, this coming from someone with no electrical experience either, took me 45 mins. Would have been 25mins but I had to go and get the socket extension as the bottom bolts are a bit tricky to get to.

Thanks for the responses guys....seems like the installation of the unit doesn't affect the warranty as a whole.

Bush1e, i might drop you a private message and maybe when you are free i can just meet up for a quick look at the system.

Seems like its not too hard to install myself...i think only the reverse cam is more tricky. I suspect it needs to be triggered by the reverse lights i guess.

I am also a zero car/electrical knowledge guy , hope it goes well....

By the way guys, should I get the one with Digital TV unit or without? Different is $100 bucks. Can we watch tv without setting up an external antenna?

You will definitely need another antenna, and probably a booster, to pick up dtv. Mine has dtv, i installed the aerial that comes with it and couldnt pick up any kind of signal at all. Check ebay for all kinds of different antennas. I havent bothered with mine, I just dont know that I'd ever use dtv. on a bright day the screen is hard enough to see as it is when playing movies that have dark scenes(though Im getting the windows tinted next week, that might improve things a little). Ive seen an antenna around that has three antennas across the rear window and one external, that seems like it would do the best job.

Might be an add-on for a later date