What are these called?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the plastic splitter things you use to control the direction of air-flow are called? One of the knobs which controls the horizontal direction of air flow has fallen off and I'm going to see if Toyota will replace it under warranty.

Here's an image to clarify:

28082010098.jpg

That is most likely covered by the "New Car Warranty" :)

Yeh hopefully man, even if not, wouldn't cost much to replace. I bought the car 2nd hand, had it for a few months now, some small issues arising so going to my local dealership to see if they're willing to help with warranty issues, and I'd get my capped servicing with them in future if they're helpful.

Just lately, I've had a really annoying creak from the left side of the drivers seat. Really annoying as any bump or turn will set it off like a creaking door, not sure if its the rails underneath the seat or the seat springs, gonna have Toyota have a look at that too.

Yeh hopefully man, even if not, wouldn't cost much to replace. I bought the car 2nd hand, had it for a few months now, some small issues arising so going to my local dealership to see if they're willing to help with warranty issues, and I'd get my capped servicing with them in future if they're helpful.

Just lately, I've had a really annoying creak from the left side of the drivers seat. Really annoying as any bump or turn will set it off like a creaking door, not sure if its the rails underneath the seat or the seat springs, gonna have Toyota have a look at that too.

If the car is less then 3 years old it should still have "Bumper to Bumper, New Car Warranty" (even if you bought it second hand)

I dont think those rear vents are cheap im guessing between $70-$100.

On the other hand, if everything goes well you should be able to get the vents and Seat issues fixed for free :)

Let us know how you go.....

If the car is less then 3 years old it should still have "Bumper to Bumper, New Car Warranty" (even if you bought it second hand)

I dont think those rear vents are cheap im guessing between $70-$100.

On the other hand, if everything goes well you should be able to get the vents and Seat issues fixed for free :)

Let us know how you go.....

wow $100 for a piece of plastic lol, if it comes to that think I'll just buy the $5 part and fit it myself =S

Ye the vehicle is only 11 months old atm, will keep you guys updated :]