Bendix Part Number - ZZE122R

2005Corolla

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at getting new Bendix brake pads, but need to find out if my Jap model ZZE122R is a sumitomo or aisin front, what is the quickest way to find this out??

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have been searching for awhile but can not find anything that answers this. :(

Just went through this recently.

I have a Japanese 2002 ZZE 122R Corolla wagon and could find no mention of the type of front end caliper nor could see any distinguishing marks on the calipers.

I checked the pads that were fitted and found them to be Aisin (no part number) so bought DB1431 which are to suit Aisin front end.

Wrong, the DB1431 did not fit!

The DB 1422 are the correct ones for my front end, so I guess I have Sumitomo.

The DB1422 has a solid lug on each end of the pads and wear sensors. http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/10175

The DB1431 have lugs with cutouts like a wide "U" on each lug end and no wear sensor. http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/10176

If you have solid steel wheels pull them off and check the pads that are installed, with alloys I can see the end of the pads without taking off the wheels,

just check the end of the pads. If you do remove the pads the part number may still be on the steel rear of the pad.

I can provide photos if you need them.

soundbyte.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps for your reply! Sounds like you had a bit of a mess around..

I will have look when I get the car out into some light.. and see if I can see anything on the end of the pad.. if not think i will just go with the DB1422. Supercheap have a good sale on atm and that's what they have listed for the Corolla, so I would say that is the most common. *fingers crossed*