Keys for Yaris?

Gonaget

• 3 weeks later...

I guess you only get one key ? I would like to have a spare--where is the best place to buy from--can you buy from other than Toyota and is it cheaper? What is a ball park price?

++

Does anyone know how many keys you get with a new Yaris please --I was told that they have to give you 2 is that right ?

Thanks for your replies--as I believe the remote keys are VERY expensive

Is your central locking button built in with the key or is it a seperate remote?

if its built in to the key its over $200.

Is your central locking button built in with the key or is it a seperate remote?

Yaris keys have the central locking built in to the key.

I have not received my car as yet so am not sure about the key--it has an immobilizer

I have not received my car as yet so am not sure about the key--it has an immobilizer

The immobiliser is also built into the Yaris key. It's just the one key with 2 buttons (unlock/lock).

The immobiliser is also built into the Yaris key. It's just the one key with 2 buttons (unlock/lock).

Which means the key is gonna be expensive...

You can call Toyota and get the exact price...

Thanks--they said I should get the car by 28th ???? Haven't heard anything further as yet

+++

I rang the other day to see if they could give me a code for tracking --here

https://webapps.toyota.com.au/apps/cwt/

but they said they didn't know anything about that site--which seemed very strange to me--still have not heard anything about the delivery date and I am sure I won't get my car on the 28th as that is a holiday

Thanks--they said I should get the car by 28th ???? Haven't heard anything further as yet

+++

but they said they didn't know anything about that site--which seemed very strange to me--still have not heard anything about the delivery date and I am sure I won't get my car on the 28th as that is a holiday

Is this a Brand new yaris or second hand? This URL is only for Brand new cars ordered from the dealer...

+++

Is this a Brand new yaris or second hand? This URL is only for Brand new cars ordered from the dealer...

Yes New Yaris ordered and deposit paid on 25th November, I just can't believe they know nothing of the tracking site

Edited by Gonaget

Yes New Yaris ordered and deposit paid on 25th November, I just can't believe they know nothing of the tracking site

https://webapps.toyo...om.au/apps/cwt/

Call the Toyota call Centre in Melbourne and get more info about the website and the dealer not knowing about it.

I wouldnt really care about that site though, aslong as you get your car.

Wasnt this thread about you only getting one key for the yaris? you havent had the car delivered so who knows, you might get two keys....

https://webapps.toyo...om.au/apps/cwt/

Call the Toyota call Centre in Melbourne and get more info about the website and the dealer not knowing about it.

I wouldnt really care about that site though, aslong as you get your car.

Wasnt this thread about you only getting one key for the yaris? you havent had the car delivered so who knows, you might get two keys....

___

Yes this thread was for the keys--I did have another thread about that site but did it in a hurry the other day and couldn't find the right thread. Thanks for your reply anyway Ronny

The dealer rang the other day and said the car was on the way from Vic'--will get 2 keys--but I was also wondering if the Yaris has a remote boot opener--ie from inside the car--or do you have to open with a key--The dealership hasn't been open over the holidays.

It seems I might not be able to use the sheepskin seat covers I have already as the Yaris has side air bags ?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Yaris the other day on the 11/1/11 got 2 remote keys and one normal one--have to get sheepskin covers made for it as it has the side air bags--shame as my other ones are still 100%

I find the newer cars are a lot tinnier than the one I had/have-- and the new one doesn't even have a rear wiper or washer--! Haven't had time to take it for a real long drive as yet--but want to run it in and do at least 1000 b4 the 1st service

I got my Yaris the other day on the 11/1/11 got 2 remote keys and one normal one--have to get sheepskin covers made for it as it has the side air bags--shame as my other ones are still 100%

I find the newer cars are a lot tinnier than the one I had/have-- and the new one doesn't even have a rear wiper or washer--! Haven't had time to take it for a real long drive as yet--but want to run it in and do at least 1000 b4 the 1st service

I just got my Yaris almost a month ago and it went for it's first service on Wednesday. When I first got it I didn't think I would clock up 1000km before the month was out but as soon as I got it I went into 'roadtrip' mode and it had just under 400km before the first service. Just love driving it! The sales person told me straight up that the first service should be around 1000km but within 1 month but he didn't say up to 5000km or 1 months after date of purchase (which I read in my t's and c's of the warranty. have a check but im pretty sure that's the standard for all new Toyota's

I just got my Yaris almost a month ago and it went for it's first service on Wednesday. When I first got it I didn't think I would clock up 1000km before the month was out but as soon as I got it I went into 'roadtrip' mode and it had just under 400km before the first service. Just love driving it! The sales person told me straight up that the first service should be around 1000km but within 1 month but he didn't say up to 5000km or 1 months after date of purchase (which I read in my t's and c's of the warranty. have a check but im pretty sure that's the standard for all new Toyota's

Yes I am going to try and great 1000 on mine b4 11/2/11 better to do that if you can--and long trip are better than short ones and vary the speed

• 3 months later...

so fellas could you please specify the price of the master key...? (the one with the remote lock/unlock)

thanks...

Speedz--I am not sure but maybe ring the Toyota and ask them --I thought they were about $250--and you have to have it enabled for your car ??

yeah looking at the full thing...

2005 Yaris only provided 1 flapping master key and now the key's rubber mould has broken off and need replacing, problem is Ebay only has remote shells with keys BUT the key itself does not have that little 'dimple' on the stalk so I gather they dont have a transponder and thus the car wouldnt start...

unless someone tells me that i could move the master key's key itself to the new shell housing but it looks like its moulded onto to shell itself... :(