Hilux Dual cab 4x4

Brigham

I own a 1997 4x4 Dual cab Diesel which i currently use for work which is a mountain range. I am looking at up grading but i am not convinced that the latest model has the ground clearence which my older vehicle has got. So I am looking at the latest of an older vehicle which has the clearence. For an eg. My parents have a 2003 model which would be ok. so if that shape runs til a later year could someone help me with a model search. I have spoken to Toyota but they are only interested in helping me with a new vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Hi, the 03 TD Hilix is a KZN165 this model ran from '02 to early '05. Yours I believe has leaf springs all round. So in terms of off-road capability, It could be a step back, but the 3.0 TD (1KZ-TE) has what it takes to pull loads and decent fuel economy. I do not like the 2.7 as I believe that they are underpowered and burn way too much petrol. There is also the 3.4 V6 which I have not driven so cannot comment. Depending on your budget there was also a 3.0 naturally aspirated motor, which is as good as you can expect a N/A diesel to be.

Cheers