is there any way to get the power on stivo kick in early?

It definitely can be done (see my signature), at this point a complete aftermarket ECU will be required (not cheap, probably not worth it to most people). There is guy over at the states working on a solid state lift controller with some success I last remember, but altering the setpoint is one thing, you'll still something to tune the maps for that adjustment.

I gained approximately 12kw at the wheels at 6000rpm (only 5kw peak though)

The lift transition point can be moved earlier with an aftermarket ECU. The reason why there is no point lowering it without full engine control is because the VVT also needs to be adjusted. Just dropping the lift point wont gain any power at 6000rpm. But dont get caught up with trying to get the transition point lower as that wont affect your top end anyway; and just because it is lower doesn't mean it is faster. The ideal transition point is when the low cam profile stops making power and when the high cam profile makes more power. That can occur at any rpm depending on mods and the tuner.

The Apexi AFC Neo can do it. The tune won't be ideal because it can only intercept the MAF signal for fuel changes and change the lift point but judging by the huge torque hole between 5000 and 6000 then a sudden rise in power as lift hits on lightly modded 2ZZ's (intake/exhaust), I think changing the lift point to about 5300 and tweaking A/F ratios would be a great improvement.

Edited by bradsm87

The AFR on lift is already ideal but if u move the lift point to 5200, the AFR between 5200 and 6200 would be out for sure. I would very much like to see some evidence that moving lift down a bit won't gain anything at all between 5200 and 6000 where it is crap at the moment. It'd have to be a BIT better.

VVT tuning doesn't come cheap. U can't change the VVT on a Power FC, even with laptop software can u? Looks like U'd need a Haltech PS1000 at least.

u can change the VVT on the power FC if got the datalogit datalogger plus u need the wideband O2 sensor kit so u can input the right AFR for the VVT setting

VVT tuning doesn't come cheap. U can't change the VVT on a Power FC, even with laptop software can u? Looks like U'd need a Haltech PS1000 at least.

You can tune VVT on a PowerFC. Not much it cant do.

You dont need a wideband to tune VVT... if its getting dyno tuned you can just use the dyno O2 wideband, you only really need a wideband if your fiddling with things yourself.