launch control kinda

wilbursdad

hi

im not a big fan of turning the traction control off in fact ive never tried it

but what id like to know what would the best revs be while using throttle and using the breaks so car goes nowhere and getting the revs up so when you take the break off the car launches what would the best revs be before the traction decides to kick in so you basically want it is to get the maximum acceleration off from the lights before the traction control does its thing any ideas on the revs you would think would be optimum for this???

thanks guys

hi

im not a big fan of turning the traction control off in fact ive never tried it

but what id like to know what would the best revs be while using throttle and using the breaks so car goes nowhere and getting the revs up so when you take the break off the car launches what would the best revs be before the traction decides to kick in so you basically want it is to get the maximum acceleration off from the lights before the traction control does its thing any ideas on the revs you would think would be optimum for this???

thanks guys

Unfortunately this is dependent on what tyres you have, suspension setup, car weight, even the surface of the road and ambient temperature. The traction control will only kick in when you lose traction, and there are simply too many factors that decide on traction for there to be a simple answer.

Best you can do is trial and error with your own car and see what works best.

Too many factors to consider here. As mentioned, some of the things that affect it are:

- your tires including their air pressure

- road/track condition (including stickiness of the surface and surface temperature)

- transmission temperature

- weight distribution of your car

Personally, I wouldn't bother with trying to stall up the torque converter on the Aurion when trying to launch it outside of doing so at the 1/4 mile. Once the torque converter gets some heat into it from just normal driving, you can't really load it up otherwise it's just going to bog down when you do launch.

For reference, at a drag scenario (on a proper prepared drag way), I have found that stalling it up to 1400-1600RPM on a cool (and I emphasise to word 'cool') torque converter, for NO MORE than 3 to 4 seconds will lead to an appropriate launch. Stalling it up at that RPM for longer, stalling it up at higher revs, or stalling it up on a transmission that has been at operating temperature for a few minutes or more nearly always results in the torque converter bogging down and giving a negative result.

So the short answer, your Aurion is not built like a race car. I wouldn't bother doing so on the street unless you want to feel like you are a race car driver (if you do, please keep it to yourself).

Edit: A good video of mine that shows me stalling it up is the following. You will see that once I stage at about 0:24, I stall it up, but when I quickly realise that the the tree won't start going (because of the time still up on the display board), I back off the throttle. Then at 0:36, you can see me stall it up again for a very short time just to be ready for the actual launch itself.