Toyota genuine footwell lighting

czaja74

I would like to ask a great favour. Could someone take a photo where Toyota genuine footwell lighting is installed at the front and rear. Toyota wants to charge me 2.5h at $100 ph for the installation. I think it is excessive. I got all wired up but I'm not sure where to place lights. :unsure:

I would like to ask a great favour. Could someone take a photo where Toyota genuine footwell lighting is installed at the front and rear. Toyota wants to charge me 2.5h at $100 ph for the installation. I think it is excessive. I got all wired up but I'm not sure where to place lights. :unsure:

Hi Czaja74,

Photos taken from my Presara attached. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BB

post-21620-0-88342500-1295316366_thumb.j

FRONT LEFT

post-21620-0-52032700-1295316374_thumb.j

FRONT RIGHT

post-21620-0-55651700-1295316385_thumb.j

REAR LEFT

post-21620-0-41713600-1295316427_thumb.j

REAR RIGHT

Edited by Beep Beep

That's a big help. Thank you.

As for the RGB LED the controller has died and took the strip and fuse with it. I liked the color and brightness but I don't think I'll be buying another strip again. Haven't decided yet.

You'd actually be surprised the amount of time it takes to install these, they virtually pull 3/4 of your dash apart and all the trim covers, drill holes and neatly run cables, mount LED's then put it all back together in such a way as you the customer would never know it's been pulled apart. There's easy a couple of hours in it.

No way it takes 2 hours to do it. No more than an hour max!

It takes 5 min to remove door sills, front side kick pannels and pannels that cover front seatbelts. Then another 10min to remove glove box, its assembly and thingy under the steering wheel. Connect , route the cables and drill the holes for the LEDs another 20min. Put all back together another 15min. Assuming you know what you are doing.

No way it takes 2 hours to do it. No more than an hour max!

It takes 5 min to remove door sills, front side kick pannels and pannels that cover front seatbelts. Then another 10min to remove glove box, its assembly and thingy under the steering wheel. Connect , route the cables and drill the holes for the LEDs another 20min. Put all back together another 15min. Assuming you know what you are doing.

I would like to see you disassemble, install and wire up, then reassemble everything within 1 hour. The wiring easily takes the longest if you want to do things properly and have everything neatly and professionally installed.

If anything I would be concerned with the level of workmanship if they belted that out within an hour (unless assuming the wiring connectors were already behind the panels - which I don't think they are)

Plus add to the fact that even if you could install it in an hour working at 90% of your capacity, at the end of the day, they aren't going to over work themselves if they don't have to. Not saying anyone is lazy, but just being realistic.

Got a Toyotas genuine footwell light kit. However I decided to pursue RGB LED therefore the kit is for sale. It comes with everything. Asking $100. PM me if interested.