How long is yours?

squizzytaylor

I need some help guys, have just fitted some 16" tyres to the young blokes ST184 and will need to be lowered a bit to help it fill the guards, please tell me....

How much distance from your wheel centre to the lip of your guard and what setting the springs are IE 50mm lowered 40mm lowered and the brand please.

the photo below give an indication of what I need

Thanks In advance

image001.jpg

Easiest way is to measure the distance from the tyre to the guard, work out where you want the tyre to sit in the guard and then search for springs with that much lowered amount from standard...

In Sydney, K-Mac do custom springs, match any height you want... Highly recommended :)

Easiest way is to measure the distance from the tyre to the guard,

Only works if you are comparing same wheel and tyre size, this thing came standard with 14 x 6 rims and now has 16 x 7 rims, by measuring from the wheel centre to the guard lip, only the tyre and wheel size of our car is relevant.Thanks though.

What size rims 16 x ? and rubber on that Gonzalis? Not keen to go superlow, his first car and he can be a brainless twit, I dont want it to attract too much attention from the NSW fundraising dept.

Thanks

Squizz

I'm not sure about rim width, I think its only something like 16x 6.5" because the widest tyre i can fit is a 205. Also not sure on the offset either, ive looked over the rims several times but theyre pretty old so if they had a sticker on them, they dont anymore.

So my current tyre size is 205/50/r16. Mind you my car is a ST185 not a ST184 so offset could be slightly different. Maybe go king spring lows and they will probably be about a 2" drop, where as superlows are a 3" i'm fairly sure

I'm not sure about rim width, I think its only something like 16x 6.5" because the widest tyre i can fit is a 205. Also not sure on the offset either, ive looked over the rims several times but theyre pretty old so if they had a sticker on them, they dont anymore.

So my current tyre size is 205/50/r16. Mind you my car is a ST185 not a ST184 so offset could be slightly different. Maybe go king spring lows and they will probably be about a 2" drop, where as superlows are a 3" i'm fairly sure

Good stuff thanks mate, Ours has got 205/55 16s. The issue when ordering new springs is calculating the "sag" in the old springs, Ive seen cases where 1.5" lowered springs were less than 10mm different when fitted on some cars.

Offset is good on these too, Im not worried about scrubbing, justt attracting the wrong attention.

Thanks again

Squizz

• 3 months later...

iun 205/55 16r's too but ive had my springs cut by the previous owner so honestly cant tell you height unless you can work it out off another photo XD

If it sits on flat ground my tire is prob a inch from my guard. came with 17"s on it originally and they scrapped like crazy i bought 16"s havent had a single prob. i dont see why leaving it stock height would cause any probs