aurion leak

zedder

Car started to smell weird. Could'nt see anything obvious so let it go for a while. Wife then complains that my car stinks. Finally found that water had leaked into boot somehow, two side compartments nearly full and water halfway up the spare wheel. Popped out the drain plugs then left boot open to dry. Do people leave these plugs out?

Those plugs should always stay in. Water shouldn't get into the boot in the first place like that. Sounds like your boot seal is stuffed. This has been known to occur on these cars though. People here have discussed it before.

• 6 months later...

Oh dear...I'm having trouble with a stinky (musty smelling) car too.

The problem is I keep my car under cover quite a bit.

Reminds me of a Supra I had.

Wonderful car, then when the rains hit I was sitting in absolutely soaked seats.

The targa top had crap seals.

I had water coming into passenger side well from around petrol filler and also rear windscreen had a bubble in corner so water got under parcel shelf then came into boot. Also there is a vent in well that when you use a pressure washer, it lets water in. In my tyre well water was coming in from boot seal and also around light assembly. My car went back to dealer countless times under warranty. The techs were in my boot that much that eventually the timber cover over tyre well snapped in two. It is finally fixed. Toyota had a bulletin on all the possible water entry points and I think they found a few extra in mine! Good Luck.

Edited by julian040859